Parking at Port Canaveral

volleyballmom69

I am preparing to take my first cruise in March. I have noticed that the Port Parking is pretty expensive. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to park there or should we park at one of the other pay lots. How long is the walk from where you park your car to the port? If we are planning to stay at a hotel the night before, would we be better off parking our car at the hotel and taking a shuttle? We are taking a Carnival cruise and have a 12:00 check in time for the cruise. Or should be stay at Cocoa Beach and park at one of the pay to park places. I saw one that was called Park Port Canaveral. Is anyone familiar with that one? I will be honest, I am pretty out of shape and would like to be dropped off or park as close to the terminal as possible as dragging luggage around or taking a long hike from my car to the terminal is not the way I want to start my vacation. Any thoughts are appreciated:)

Can't help you with the various options of parking but if you do park at the port, drop your luggage off before you park the car.

Here are the results of a search on parking at Port Canaveral from the Florida Ports of Call forum that may help you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=98087854

Edited by Scrapnana

Sitting on a Parking Port Canaveral shuttle bus right now heading back to our car. Secure lot, frequent shuttles, easy transfer and far less expensive than pier parking. Don't hesitate to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking at the port is the quickest way to come and go. My DW would not tolerate waiting around for a shuttle or the hassle of waiting anywhere to go to or from. Nor waiting for the shuttle to fill up.

We like to get on the road as soon as possible after the hassle of getting off the ship. I've driven past the remote lots when coming into the port on the Beach Line around 11:00 am and seen cars lined up on the side of the road waiting for spaces to clear up in those lots.

That said, ripoff Port Canaveral is the only port parking that I know of that charges 8 days for a 7 day cruise. Tampa and Port Everglades only charge for the 7 days.

Personally, I would never park at valet service. Once at an airport valet, my car was damaged so as the passenger door couldn't be opened. They refused to pay to fix it saying it came in that way. Couldn't have, how would by DW have gotten out? Their word against mine. Once sitting on our deck waiting to leave Tampa, we watched them race the valet cars from the local lot to their remote lot.

Edited by cruzincurt