Question about reduced deposits

Doggielover68

When you book reduced deposit your next move is final payment Just remember if you see a lower price they will only honor it if you pay the full deposit.

Be very aware of this Carnival fails to give you this tidbit of information when you request the lower prices. Quite a few people here complained and had to cough up the extra cash .

Be very aware of this Carnival fails to give you this tidbit of information when you request the lower prices. Quite a few people here complained and had to cough up the extra cash .

THIS situation has way more to with people not reading EVERYTHING (all that fine print) about the "deal" they are signing on for. The information out there is available, public and there for the taking.

Responsible research, reading, a little common sense before you commit can cure most ignorance and irresponsibility. People typically research more about the cheers program then the actual cruise options. In this day and age with everyone's nose buried in their phones constantly, no excuse for not researching or knowing.

Edited by Drazil65

THIS situation has way more to with people not reading EVERYTHING (all that fine print) about the "deal" they are signing on for. The information out there is available, public and there for the taking.

Responsible research, reading, a little common sense before you commit can cure most ignorance and irresponsibility. People typically research more about the cheers program then the actual cruise options. In this day and age with everyone's nose buried in their phones constantly, no excuse for not researching or knowing.

No Ship:rolleyes:

I seem to remember that there used to be a date that the full deposit was due when booking during a reduced deposit sale, but all I am seeing on my account is the final payment date. Has something changed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You remembered wrong, there never was a date to finish a deposit. The rest of the deposit changes if you make any changes to the reservation. What you booked was the price during the sale, but the new price wouldn't be what was on the previous sale, so essentially it's a new booking.

When you request a fare decrease, Carnival is essentially cancelling your other booking and rebooking you under the current special. That is why the deposit goes up. Seems fair enough to me.

Brad

When you request a fare decrease, Carnival is essentially cancelling your other booking and rebooking you under the current special. That is why the deposit goes up. Seems fair enough to me.

Brad

Good Morning, yes it is fair , most people fail to read the fine print. Who does that anyways . Not Me ! :D

They get excited and put in for the price reduction and the rest is history .

My post was just a little eye opener ,nothing more ;)

I received a price adjustment of $40 and still have only the reduced deposit on the books. Maybe has to do with what the sale is?

If your price adjustment was to another sale with a reduced deposit then you don't have to make up the difference in the deposit. You basically just have to follow whatever is going on when you submit for the price adjustment.

For example:

For our wedding cruise most of our guests have booked during a $50 deposit sale. The normal deposit on the cruise would be $100. I was very excited last weekend when there was a sale that saved some of my guests money, gave all of my guests $50 OBC, but also had a $50 deposit so I wouldn't have to call everyone and tell them to fork over another $50 per person to get their price match.

There is a different reduced deposit sale going on right now. If the price and perks were better than last weekend (they're not, but let's just pretend they are) then I would have to let our guests know that if they wanted their overall price to go down they would need to pay $49 per person right now, to meet the current $99 per person deposit.

If they took advantage of this weekend's deal but only put $49 per person down and in a month from now there was a better deal without any reduced deposit, they would have to put an extra $1 per person to get the new deal and their full deposit would be paid so moving forward they would just have to worry about final payment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Yes, I'm very aware about this. I was just confused because on one sailing we had a deposit due date in addition to the final payment date, but that may have been the year we changed an early saver booking to a different ship.

I don't mind having to pay the rest of the deposit to get the price adjustment. You end up having to pay it all at the end anyway...I just like the reduced deposits so that I can space out the expenses since we usually have 1-2 b2b cruises booked at one time.

Thanks for the input everyone

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app