Dining request doable?

fian0604

My husband and I will be on the Paradise, I have terrible social anxiety and he is wanting to request a two top for us. He is wondering if it is possible to request a two top near a window? I wasn't sure if this request was even possible. We have early seating. Thank you!

Have him go and speak with the Maitre D' on the afternoon of embarkation and he will probably be able to find a table for two for you. However, don't be disappointed if it is not at a window.

The other option is to change to Your Time Dining and you will be able to request any table that you desire. We learned to ask for a booth for two, mainly because tables for two are placed INCHES away from your neighbor and are not truly "private" tables. We may have to wait a few extra minutes for that booth to come available but we don't mind. Plus we have the advantage with YTD of going any time we want to and not having to go at an assigned time.

You can also email John Heald and explain your situation. I know, from personal experience, he can email the M'D directly and make this happen for you. If you have difficulty reaching him, call the "Special Needs" office at Carnival. Anxiety is a medical condition and I have found them to bend over backwards to keep their guests needing special assistance happy. Good luck to you and your husband.

" because tables for two are placed INCHES away from your neighbor "

This sooo exaggerated. We are YTD and while the tables are close. If the tables were inches apart, how would you get out of your chair, unless you have very skinny thighs. I did not measure, but I would say the tables are a couple of feet apart and not very private.

" because tables for two are placed INCHES away from your neighbor "

This sooo exaggerated. We are YTD and while the tables are close. If the tables were inches apart, how would you get out of your chair, unless you have very skinny thighs. I did not measure, but I would say the tables are a couple of feet apart and not very private.

I think they meant side to side, not front to back. Side to side they are sometimes inches apart especially on the window side. They may as well push them all together and make them a 6 top. There are some that are separated to create walkways but far too many are too close for any privacy.

My husband and I will be on the Paradise, I have terrible social anxiety and he is wanting to request a two top for us. He is wondering if it is possible to request a two top near a window? I wasn't sure if this request was even possible. We have early seating. Thank you!

What ship? You can email the maitred at XXmaitred@carnival.com.

Where XX is the ship code. I know most of them so if you post which ship I can tell you the actual code. Or if I miss it, you can search this board you will find all of the ship codes.

If you go this route, make sure to state your booking number, sailing date, dinning time and that you have a medical need.

We have reached out for a few requests in the past, and usually get an answer within a day or two of sending a request. They have always made sure to take care of anything I have asked for.

You can also email John Heald and explain your situation. I know, from personal experience, he can email the M'D directly and make this happen for you. If you have difficulty reaching him, call the "Special Needs" office at Carnival. Anxiety is a medical condition and I have found them to bend over backwards to keep their guests needing special assistance happy. Good luck to you and your husband.

A 2 person is definitely doable. Next to a window...probably not. :(

Where XX is the ship code. I know most of them so if you post which ship I can tell you the actual code. Or if I miss it, you can search this board you will find all of the ship codes.

If you go this route, make sure to state your booking number, sailing date, dinning time and that you have a medical need.

We have reached out for a few requests in the past, and usually get an answer within a day or two of sending a request. They have always made sure to take care of anything I have asked for.

I am new to Carnival and would like to know the code for Conquest. How long before the cruise should you send the email? Thank you.

Here are most of the ship codes.

Carnival Maitred emails :

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

I have emailed the maître d on two sailings and asked for a booth for 2. The first time, the maître d answered right away saying it would be taken care of - the second time I didn't receive an email back, but when we went down for dinner they did place us in a booth without tablemates.

As to how far in advance to email - try the second day of the cruise before yours. The first day will be very busy and by the 3rd or 4th day (especially on a 4 or 5 day cruise) the maître d should be working on seating arrangements.

For those that say you shouldn't email - you should go down on the day of embarkation - in my experience, on the day of embarkation the poor maître d could have 20 - 30 people lined up asking for something. It would seem much easier to have an email in advance. I know this means that he/she may receive 20 - 30 emails, but that would beat having those people lined up in front of me on embarkation day.

I have emailed the maître d on two sailings and asked for a booth for 2. The first time, the maître d answered right away saying it would be taken care of - the second time I didn't receive an email back, but when we went down for dinner they did place us in a booth without tablemates.

As to how far in advance to email - try the second day of the cruise before yours. The first day will be very busy and by the 3rd or 4th day (especially on a 4 or 5 day cruise) the maître d should be working on seating arrangements.

For those that say you shouldn't email - you should go down on the day of embarkation - in my experience, on the day of embarkation the poor maître d could have 20 - 30 people lined up asking for something. It would seem much easier to have an email in advance. I know this means that he/she may receive 20 - 30 emails, but that would beat having those people lined up in front of me on embarkation day.

Very useful information. Thank you.

I think they meant side to side, not front to back. Side to side they are sometimes inches apart especially on the window side. They may as well push them all together and make them a 6 top. There are some that are separated to create walkways but far too many are too close for any privacy.

yep - this was my experience on the Liberty a couple years ago. Didn't have a detrimental effect on anything related to our dining experience, though!

• 10 months later...

Maitre d' -

xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse -

xxsteakhouse@carnival.com

(for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom