Periscope?

Hi all! I've seen a few people mention periscope in their posts. What is it and is it worth downloading the app? Does it work over wifi and not use your data?

Thanks.

https://www.periscope.tv/about

It uses whatever data you have enabled, so if you want it to use WiFi, then put the phone in Airplane mode.

https://www.periscope.tv/about

It uses whatever data you have enabled, so if you want it to use WiFi, then put the phone in Airplane mode.

Thanks. I'm new to this - how can I see 'whatever data I've enabled'? I am at home on wifi now but went to settings to turn off cellular for the app and the icon isn't even in my settings. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I'm new to this - how can I see 'whatever data I've enabled'? I am at home on wifi now but went to settings to turn off cellular for the app and the icon isn't even in my settings. Strange.

Put the phone in Airplane Mode. Turn on WiFi. This way you are sure to use only WiFi.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, old thread but I am recycling. Save the waves.

I have not downloaded the app but have gone out o the website and created an account. I see videos on the site but I cannot find the cruise related ones. Are you able to do that in the web version or are you required to use the phone app? I wanted to see on a larger screen.

Thanks