Is there a way to get to Chaccoben without a tour?

Tatka

I just wonder if by using other tipe of transportation we could reach ruins site? :confused:

Is taxi our only option? I was trying to find rent-a-car agency in CM, but couldn't find one.

Tatka, Costa Maya is unlike any port we have ever been to. The cruise lines have "made" this port. It is out in the middle of no where, with little around it. There are no places to rent cars. Down the beach a little way is the little village of Majahual. They are now building houses around the port, but there is little to see there.

To answer your question, the only way that I know to get to the ruins is with a tour. I don't know if I would take a taxi there. No reason to when you can get someone like David or Ivan to take you there in their van. They know the ropes. They are WELL worth the money of the excursion.

Have a good time.

I second Michelle's mail about David and Ivan. You will thoroughly enjoy your time and experience with them and they only charge $43pp (most people tip at the end). You may be able to get a taxi to take you out there, but it is a 1 hour trip each way, so that may be costly. You will also need to take a taxi to Mahahual to grab a yellow taxi. This costs $3pp to Mahahual and $2pp back to the port. Additionally, there is a charge to enter Chacchoben (33pesos/person) - this is included with Ivan's tour. ENJOY!

Archived