No Celebrity, You Have Not Lost Your Way...

richard1s

We were on the Infinity in September. Most days we got back from excursions close to dinner time so we didn't go looking for snacks, but there was one day when we got back mid to late afternoon (maybe around 4:00?) and nothing was open. We were quite surprised. I found a limp piece of pizza but my gluten free hubby couldn't find anything. He would have taken something from the grill, but I don't believe it was open.

I don't know if this was the case for every port day, but that was our experience on that particular port day.

It's frustrating because if you've been walking around all day and you come back hungry, you want a little snack before dinner. Not a huge room service meal. Not a cupcake from the cafe. Not an entire gluten free pizza that is huge and takes at least 1/2 hour to make.

So I don't think you are making up a story Irish and I do hope this isn't a trend. Did we live? Yes, of course. Could we have eaten our emergency stash of nuts and gluten free bars? Yes, but maybe we should be bringing extra since we like to save those for excursions and planes.

For those looking for something late afternoon, maybe offering some cheese and crackers and crudites might be an option for those who don't want to eat cookies before dinner - if they have to close most of the food stations to clean them.

We adore Celebrity and will be on the Infinity again in a couple of weeks. Only 4 port days though, so I don't know if we'll be investigating the buffet in the afternoons.

We were on the Infinity in September. Most days we got back from excursions close to dinner time so we didn't go looking for snacks, but there was one day when we got back mid to late afternoon (maybe around 4:00?) and nothing was open. We were quite surprised. I found a limp piece of pizza but my gluten free hubby couldn't find anything. He would have taken something from the grill, but I don't believe it was open.

I don't know if this was the case for every port day, but that was our experience on that particular port day.

It's frustrating because if you've been walking around all day and you come back hungry, you want a little snack before dinner. Not a huge room service meal. Not a cupcake from the cafe. Not an entire gluten free pizza that is huge and takes at least 1/2 hour to make.

So I don't think you are making up a story Irish and I do hope this isn't a trend. Did we live? Yes, of course. Could we have eaten our emergency stash of nuts and gluten free bars? Yes, but maybe we should be bringing extra since we like to save those for excursions and planes.

For those looking for something late afternoon, maybe offering some cheese and crackers and crudites might be an option for those who don't want to eat cookies before dinner - if they have to close most of the food stations to clean them.

We adore Celebrity and will be on the Infinity again in a couple of weeks. Only 4 port days though, so I don't know if we'll be investigating the buffet in the afternoons.

At least you found some pizza, even though it was limp, somewhere.

Did you let the Hotel Director know that you would love to see some cheese and crackers and crudites available on this ship in the afternoon?