Star to Hawaii Vancouver return

kitegirl

Hello...

I will be on the Star in April of 2018.

Could anyone tell me if there is a lift or shallow steps to get in and out of any of the pools?

Also the drop down seat in the roll in shower does not look like it would hold me well... I am a big gal... Is there any shower chairs that the ship can provide or will i have to rent one on my own?

Has anyone sailed in C404 that can provide any pics..... or sailed on Star that can give any tricks or tips for someone with a walker and I will be renting a scooter....

Thanks in advance

Suggest contact NCL ask what the weight capacity is for the folding seat in the accessible cabin. If the capacity is not sufficient NCL does have stand alone shower seats that can be requested at no charge but again you will have to ask the weight capacity to make certain it meets your needs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was on the Star Princess last April (Vancouver to Hawaii and back to Hawaii).

There is a lift but you have to book it. My bf and I are both paraplegics but we never used the lift ( we didn't want to have to schedule our use). There were shallow steps into the pools.

One of the biggest issues (aside from a massive norovirus outbreak that saw 50% of passengers and crew affected - sucked big time) was the lack of doors with door openers on all outside doors. We couldn't get outside unless we could find someone to open them.

The shower seats are pretty secure but respectfully, you need to be comfortable and that really is a personal consideration. You can contact Princess Special needs desk and they will be able to tell you the recommended weight limit. You could plan ahead and have one on order with Shoppers Home Healthcare. They rent equipment so you could pick it up before you go to board the ship and return in after your cruise.

Hope this helps...