Enough time in Nassau to do Atlantis?

plane2port

We will be on the Celebration in two weeks on the 5 night Key West-Nassau cruise. The ship docks in Nassau at 1:00 pm. If we book a room at Atlantis, will we have enough time to take advantage of all the amenities (water slides, beach, Dig, Aquarium)? We may not arrive at Atlantis until almost 3, and don't know when they close the water slides and pool. This is the fourth time I've been in Nassau, and haven't visited Atlantis yet. I think my kids will enjoy it, but don't want to spend the extra money for the wristbands if we won't have enough time.

You should be fine. Celebration almost always arrives early (around noon). If you can get off the ship right away and over to Atlantis that should give you plenty of time.

By all means, take a cab, not the water taxi. Water taxis won't depart until they are full and drop you off about a ten minute walk from Atlantis. A cab will take you right to the front entrance. Cabs are $4 per person.

Hint: If you want to go through the Dig, wait till after 5:00 PM and its free!

Have a great time. Atlantis is definetly a must-see. And the Celebration is a fine ship with an out-of-this-world crew. I was just on her two months ago and had a great time!!

Before you book Atlantis, look into the Comfort Inn & Suites rate. Comfort Inn is right across the street from Atlantis and can use Atlantis Ammenities. I was there last month and I paid $150 for the room at the Comfort Inn.

Sue

I have been to Atlantis twice. The first time we paid for the aquariam tour but could not use the facilities. The second time, we parked ourselves on the public beach and some guys working the beach renting out chairs offered to get our boys wristbands to use the facilities at Atlantis. Ended up costing us 60.00 for three teenage boys to use the facilities. I am sure you could find someone on the beach to get you in for the right price. A lot cheaper than a hotel room

We visited late in October. Knowing what I know now, I would find something to do until dark and then visit Atlantis. We were able to visit at 11:00pm for free as suggested above. The aquariums and The Dig are a must see. The grounds at night are pure eye candy. Also, the visit is more fun in groups and safer too.

atlantis.jpg

This is great advice--we will definitely go to Atlantis. We saw a great price on Travelzoo for $99 rooms and may check that out. Tater, can you visit the aquarium at night also? Cruzeluver--we'll definitely take the taxi. Thanks to all of you for your comments. We are all looking forward to the Celebration. This will be our first Carnival cruise, and our teenage kids are really excited. We have taken 4 cruises on RCCI. The last cruise was on Mariner, which is a nice ship but too large for my taste. I am looking forward to a smaller ship, where you always know that you are at sea.

The Atlantis at night is certainly a treat.

We walked freely through the dig from the back, then went over to the Marina for Ice Cream. The walk through the villa area is nice as well, and the shops are endless from the main building, walking left. We didn't realize how big the place was , even having been there once before in the daytime.

Archived