West Bay questions

brookie848

We will be in Roatan at the end of February and have a driver hired for the day. We have nothing planned and there are no must-dos for us (we have no desire to snorkel, be on a beach, zip line, or interact with wildlife:D this stop).

Basically, we just want to spend a couple of hours seeing some of the island, do a bit of shopping and have some lunch. Since we are not interested in the beach for this trip, should we skip going to West Bay and stick with West End and any spots between there and Coxen Hole that might be interesting?

I guess I'm asking that if you're not interested in the beach, what do you do in West Bay?

We are booked with Rony's Tours. Our ship doesn't dock until 10:00, so goal is to spend 4-5 hours off the ship and be back to the pier with plenty of time to spare.

If you want to see a bit of the island, go east! Go east. Ask your driver his fav place for lunch, or if Temporary Cals is still open give that a go.

I do not see any reason to go to West Bay if you do not seek a beach or sea.

Edited by Guest 2000

• 1 month later...

We will be in Roatan in May and have the freestyle tour booked with Rony. I am curious to know what you decided to do, what you recommend as "must see" or "don't waste your time" on, etc. Also, how did you like Rony's and what can we expect? Thanks. :)

We will be in Roatan in May and have the freestyle tour booked with Rony. I am curious to know what you decided to do, what you recommend as "must see" or "don't waste your time" on, etc. Also, how did you like Rony's and what can we expect? Thanks. :)

Our driver was Hector and he was awesome. Once we told him, we had no plans, he told us he would just take us around the island and it was a great day. We ended up heading east for a bit and stopped at Parrot Tree resort. We then backtracked and headed west. We stopped at the overlook/vendor area for pictures and a bit of shopping. We then went west, stopped at West End and looked around, drove on the beach (very cool) and then stopped at West Bay for lunch.

Even though we didn't "do" much, we had an outstanding day. We learned a lot, got to see different parts of the island and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

No matter what you decide to do, I think you'll end up enjoying your time.