Resort Questions

Dragon Eye

Hi! Everyone here was so fantastic when I went on my last cruise. I loved the stop in Roatan and wanted to go back for a longer trip in a few months. I had heard great things about Anthony's key, and am happy to report that I used their dive boats for excursions for my last trip with rave reviews. Sadly they are booked the week I was planning to go.... for the experienced traveler is there a "next best option" I will still use their dive operation as they treated me well but beyond that am not sure where to look. Any advice would be great!

I am sorry, I do not understamd, what are you seeking?

Edit - I re read this, you are looking for accommodation on the island but you still want to use Anthony's Key Resort as your dive operation. Does AKR even do that? They are an all-inclusive, one of the original all inclusive dive til you drop resorts on the island.

Is AKA are going to come collect you wherever you're staying? Do you have to drag your body to them every day you want to go diving? That seems odd.

There are heaps and heaps of places to stay in West End and there are heaps and heaps of dive operations in West End.

This may be a better question asked of the trip advisor community they are going to tell you it's all personal choice, and give you their favorites. The guys at Coconut Tree are great fun. The folks at Native Sons have a really good reputation.

As far as places to stay you're going to have to mention budget to the TA guys West End is less expensive than West Bay. Are you going only to die do you need a pool? Do you want to be on a beach? Do you need to be near more restaurants than less restaurants.

Wait, are you looking for all inclusive?

Edited by Guest 2000

Oops, that was s'pose to be " are you going to only dive? Do you need a pool? Do you want to be on a beach? Do you need heaps of places to eat with in walking distance? Do you prefer quiet to being in the thick of things? "

If you seek all inclusive that's a whole nother ball of wax and a whole lot harder.

Edited by Guest 2000