No tables or regular chairs on pool deck

bay guy

We were on Serenade last month and were sad to see that there were no tables and chairs in the covered areas on the pool deck. The only place they had a couple of tables was for the smoking side where they essentially had a little "corral" set up with two tables and regular chairs with ashtrays etc for the smokers to use. Some of the smokers would show up in the morning and still be there late into the afternoon.

On previous cruises, there were several tables in this area where people could eat or perhaps play cards or other games while enjoying the poolside environment. My wife has some physical problems which makes sitting in the pool lounge chairs uncomfortable so when we wanted to be on the pool deck to enjoy some of the activities, we either had to stand or, occasionally, I was able to get a couple of the regular table chairs from the smoking area for us to sit in.

I asked some of the pool staff if they could get some chairs for us a couple of times and they said they couldn't do it.

Is this now common on the other ships? I sure hope not.