Celebrity Equinox ship tour choices

RRFPresident

Could use some opinions on excursion choices if anyone has done these:

Cozumel - Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins or A Tulum Mayan & 5th Avenue Experience (I'm not interested in the extra stops that are packaged in like the cigar making, tequila tasting, and shopping so is it worth the long tour to see Tulum?)

Or just stay on the ship? We're not beach people and with the package we booked under, it's like having our own all inclusive staying on board so it's not worth seeking out a one day resort pass. Thanks!

Both are tours to the mainland which involve a 45+ min ferry ride to the mainland and then a bus tour to the ruins - you'll spend more time getting there and back than you will at either of the ruins. Tulum is closer and usually includes some time at the beach after touring the ruins.

I would not do the Chichen Itza tour unless being in Progreso, the distance is shorter from there. Travel time to Tulum is 45+min ferry to Playa and then 1+hour to the ruins, the travel time always depends on how fast your group moves. I'm a Mayan ruin lover, so the travel was worth it. Tulum is not a big site, you would have enough time to explore the site and go to the little beach is in there. Some pics for you, have fun! :D:D

DSC07495.jpg.2ab929fb0489e815d290e466bdfecad6.jpg

DSC07498.jpg.c2c33674a28364d511028935ceabfca2.jpg

DSC07552.jpg.5b536e6658ba072e21b1a75444b9bf3c.jpg