Sea Lion Swim

AK Dreaming

• 4 weeks later...

. I did it through NCL. I did not think it was worth the time or money. We spent more time on the ferry than anything else. There were 2 sea lions and one was not cooperative, so it was just one and she was very old and subdued. We got pictures taken which were extra and it took a very long time to view and purchase. No one even told us about them or where to go; very unorganized. NCL really did nothing but herd us to the ferry to the island.

If you do it, I would book on your own. I am under the impression that you would use the same ferry. It is on Blue Lagoon Island and there is a beach area with water sports. They have all day packages that would possibly work for you.

Has anyone done the Sea Lion Swim. If so how was it. We are on the Epic. Should we book through the cruise line or by ourselves? Does it afford you time to visit the local beach?

On St. Thomas, there is a place called Coral World. You can google it as they have a pretty nice web site. You can do a sea lion swim there. There is a small entrance fee to the facility, which is a small marine encounter facility. Our group did the sea lion swim there. It was very enjoyable. The sea lions are rescues. They appear to be well taken care of. The staff was terrific!