Infinity Stateroom 6118 balcony questions

vacationmommy

I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the celebrity infinity we got the sky suite 6118 I just read a review that this cabin has a obstructed view that makes seeing the canal difficult is this true? There was no notation about this when I looked on the celebrity site. Also, does anyone have any photos or video of this stateroom? I can not seem to find any. Thank you for any help you can provide!

I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the celebrity infinity we got the sky suite 6118 I just read a review that this cabin has a obstructed view that makes seeing the canal difficult is this true? There was no notation about this when I looked on the celebrity site. Also, does anyone have any photos or video of this stateroom? I can not seem to find any. Thank you for any help you can provide!

See if you can find anything on this Cruise Critic sticky. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911871

I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the celebrity infinity we got the sky suite 6118 I just read a review that this cabin has a obstructed view that makes seeing the canal difficult is this true? There was no notation about this when I looked on the celebrity site.....

The problem is that 6118 is in a section of deck 6 that is recessed inward from the side of the ship.

If you look at the deck plan, you can see how the cabins at the front and back of deck 6 extend further out to the sides than the ones in the middle of the ship.

A crew equipment platform or lifeboat on deck 5 protrudes out below the balcony of 6118, preventing you from looking straight down to the water, or into the canal locks.

For unobstructed views, you can go down to promenade deck 4, which is a public deck that extends all the way out to the edge of the ship.

It provides great views from inside the locks and gets you very close to the mules (electric locomotives).

You can even reach out and touch the side of the locks from there.

There are a number of other cabins at various locations throughout the ship that are also inset from the edge of the ship that way, having partially obstructed views because something extends out right below their balcony, (most often a canopy or lifeboat).

Some of those cabins are marked as partially obstructed, but others are not, giving the unsuspecting passengers who book them an unpleasant surprise when they step out on their balcony for the first time and look down.

But there are some passengers who seem not to mind, and will even repeatedly re-book some of the cabins that have the partial obstructions.