Escape - Thermal Spa Pass - Worth It?

ps4125

This is something I know my husband would use and enjoy, but is it so crowded as to not be enjoyable? I don't want to buy the pass if this is something that ends up being stressful because of long wait times and crowds. Defeats the benefits.

I used the thermal spa on the Getaway. I prepaid so it was $20 less.

I enjoyed it but felt that I "had" to go everyday.

It was about $120 last year and for $200 I think that I will pass on the week pass in favor of a couple of day passes.

That said, I never found it crowded but people would put their towel on the heated tile loungers and even though most

were empty I found that I didn't get to use them as often as I would have liked to.

It was about $120 last year and for $200 I think that I will pass on the week pass in favor of a couple of day passes.

Is the pre-paid price they offer just for one person or is it per cabin? How do the day passes work? Do you get them on board?

Is the pre-paid price they offer just for one person or is it per cabin? How do the day passes work? Do you get them on board?

Day passes are offered IF the weekly passes do not sell out AND at the discretion of the spa. Day passes are usually NOT offered on sea days (as that's when the weekly pass holders camp out there) and only on slow port days. IF they are sold, you need to buy them at the spa once you get on board.

On two cruises late last year (Jewel and Dawn), the weekly passes did not sell out, but the spa personnel did not sell any day passes.

Edited by BirdTravels

Day passes are offered IF the weekly passes do not sell out AND at the discretion of the spa. Day passes are usually NOT offered on sea days (as that's when the weekly pass holders camp out there) and only on slow port days. IF they are sold, you need to buy them at the spa once you get on board.

On two cruises late last year (Jewel and Dawn), the weekly passes did not sell out, but the spa personnel did not sell any day passes.

Good to know. I was planning to buy him a pass for the week and get a day pass once or twice for myself. I think I'll just buy two passes. $400 is a lot of money, but it's a once every few years vacation so may as well make the most of it.

I just got off the escape today- I bought the spa pass for my husband and myself. I didn't think he would enjoy it, but would be a good sport. Turns out we both loved it! The pool decks and other areas can sometimes be so crowded, it's no nice to have a quiet place to relax. We often brought a drink or two inside to enjoy while we relaxed. They had plenty of robes, towels and fruit infused water. Definitely not crowded.

I would really love this we sail in 38 days on the escape. However, I'll be 22 weeks pregnant anything in the thermal suite that I actually could use? I can't find any info on it online. I know there are some I wouldn't even bother with anyways...

We may just purchase it for my in laws and let them enjoy it if I can't. [emoji12]

Edited by princess_sophie

I would really love this we sail in 38 days on the escape. However, I'll be 22 weeks pregnant anything in the thermal suite that I actually could use? I can't find any info on it online. I know there are some I wouldn't even bother with anyways...

We may just purchase it for my in laws and let them enjoy it if I can't. [emoji12]

Salt room, but little else to avoid hyperthermia. Nonetheless, the loungers and rain showers can be very relaxing.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My husband and I are traveling on Escape week of 12/23-30 and thinking about getting the weekly passes, but was wondering how busy the spa will get that week as I am sure it will be their busiest week. Also, does anyone know if little children are allowed into the area? Again we know that this is a busy week that we are cruising with a lot of young children and we would like to find a way to get some quiet space away from our cabin.

The spa is adults only. I have not been on the Escape yet, but I have enjoyed the spa on the Jade and the Getaway. I did a week pass on the Jade and a day pass on the Getaway. I think I will get the week pass again on the Escape, since it is our honeymoon.

My husband and I are traveling on Escape week of 12/23-30 and thinking about getting the weekly passes, but was wondering how busy the spa will get that week as I am sure it will be their busiest week. Also, does anyone know if little children are allowed into the area? Again we know that this is a busy week that we are cruising with a lot of young children and we would like to find a way to get some quiet space away from our cabin.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

The Thermal Suite is an adults only area. Often quiet, but not 100% guarantee. The ship normally sails full, but there will be more families during the holidays.

We enjoyed the Thermal Spa on the Escape last Oct. wasn't crowded at all.

The hydrotherapy pool was absolutely the best. Loosened you right up with the water cascading( beating) down your shoulders and back.

You definitely had to be ready.

Get the pass!!! I'm the original poster on this thread with the same question. We were lucky enough to have our Haven bid accepted and it came with access to the Themal Spa. We used it every single day and it was one of the highlights of our trip. I am not one to fall asleep easily (can't sleep on planes, etc.) and I fell asleep on the heated tile loungers. We're sailing on the Bliss next May and I have every intention of buying a Thermal Spa pass.

This is something I know my husband would use and enjoy, but is it so crowded as to not be enjoyable? I don't want to buy the pass if this is something that ends up being stressful because of long wait times and crowds. Defeats the benefits.

Get it. It's unbelievable. It was only "crowded" one day for me and it was the day we were going to Nassau. Other than that, never more than 4 people in one of the rooms--sauna, steam etc and maybe 6 people tops in the pool. Never had trouble getting a lounger...had to wait for a heated one once.

It is so worth it.

We enjoyed the Thermal Spa on the Escape last Oct. wasn't crowded at all.

The hydrotherapy pool was absolutely the best. Loosened you right up with the water cascading( beating) down your shoulders and back.

You definitely had to be ready.

Sound advice.

Also, don't look back to see if it's on. LOL I did that and nearly blinded myself. I swear I bruised both eyeballs.