Escape - Thermal Spa Pass - Worth It?

ps4125

The Thermal Suite is an adults only area. Often quiet, but not 100% guarantee. The ship normally sails full, but there will be more families during the holidays.

Just got back from Breakaway. Had Thermal Suite passes for both of us. It's a very nice area but not everyone understood the meaning of "relaxation" area. People were screaming in the pool, talking very loud, laughing and trying to talk over each other completely ignoring that other people were trying to read or just relax. It wasn't once occurrence either. Every day we had the same situation.

Also as someone mentioned before many people occupied heated lounges for HOURS, they treated these lounges like the ordinary places to relax, sleep, read, etc. We usually come to the Thermal Suite in the late morning for an hour or two but after 2-3 days of constant noise and not be able to use heated chairs for even 15-20 min we switched to an hour or so in the evening. Not very convenient but we couldn't take the morning mayhem anymore.

It was our 4 Breakaway cruise and we always buy thermal suite passes when they are available, we usually enjoy the piece and quiet of the place. Not lately though. Not sure we'll spend over $400 again if we can't enjoy the place as we used to.

Just got back from Breakaway. Had Thermal Suite passes for both of us. It's a very nice area but not everyone understood the meaning of "relaxation" area. People were screaming in the pool, talking very loud, laughing and trying to talk over each other completely ignoring that other people were trying to read or just relax. It wasn't once occurrence either. Every day we had the same situation.

Also as someone mentioned before many people occupied heated lounges for HOURS, they treated these lounges like the ordinary places to relax, sleep, read, etc. We usually come to the Thermal Suite in the late morning for an hour or two but after 2-3 days of constant noise and not be able to use heated chairs for even 15-20 min we switched to an hour or so in the evening. Not very convenient but we couldn't take the morning mayhem anymore.

It was our 4 Breakaway cruise and we always buy thermal suite passes when they are available, we usually enjoy the piece and quiet of the place. Not lately though. Not sure we'll spend over $400 again if we can't enjoy the place as we used to.

We were on the Escape in May, 2017. There was never a time when there weren't heated loungers available. Not once. There were a few times when we were annoyed by people talking loudly who obviously didn't have a clue how to behave in a quiet zone, but we did our best to tune them out. I really hope the thermal spa area doesn't become yet another over-crowded cruise ship area. We found the pool area to be completely unusable for us because of over-crowding. I think I'll stop telling people how great it is so it doesn't become unusable like the pool area.

We were on the Escape in May, 2017. There was never a time when there weren't heated loungers available. Not once. There were a few times when we were annoyed by people talking loudly who obviously didn't have a clue how to behave in a quiet zone, but we did our best to tune them out. I really hope the thermal spa area doesn't become yet another over-crowded cruise ship area. We found the pool area to be completely unusable for us because of over-crowding. I think I'll stop telling people how great it is so it doesn't become unusable like the pool area.

If we purchase spa packages in the future, it will unfortunately include being assertive with the desk before entering and iterating that we would expect civility on adhereing to the 45 minute rule. The entitlement to hold loungers indefinitely that is done by cruisers and condoned by the staff is astounding.

Help! Must do this when we leave for Bermuda in April!

1. One post here said was not available that week of sailing...why would this be?

2. What are the odds I can get this for a couple of day passes, since docked in Bermuda 2.5 days? Guessing have to pay on the ship.

I don't think we can afford 2 passes for the week, nor would probably use it. I am sure I would go twice and hubby would go once.

Thanks much! :cool:

If we purchase spa packages in the future, it will unfortunately include being assertive with the desk before entering and iterating that we would expect civility on adhereing to the 45 minute rule. The entitlement to hold loungers indefinitely that is done by cruisers and condoned by the staff is astounding.

Have done the spa week on the jewel and dawn, both had crowding. Not sure about the escape and spa crowding/hoarding :)