Which beach/xcursn in St. Thomas or St. John?

24butterfly

OK, I've read all the posts, and made up my mind several times over and still can't decide due to to much info....We're looking for a great snorkling place and I'm confused from all the info...So--the who did the half day champagne snorkle, Trunk Bay, and Coki beach?? We're xperienced and have seen lotsa fish--it also looks like 3 other ships will be in St. Thos that day, too...Which one is the best for snorkling?? I think we're gonna take the Carnival xcursions on this...Thanks!!

Trunk Bay should be fine with only 3 ships in town. It's a bit of a swim to get to the snorkel area though -- not difficult, just a long one.

Coki Beach is much smaller and the water gets deeper quicker but you also see fish closer to shore than you do at Trunk.

Trunk Bay has a $4 p/p charge for admission.

As a matter of fact, I think that Trunk and Magen's are the only two that will charge admission. The rest of the beaches are all free.

24Butterfly - I am in the same boat as you. Everytime I think I have my mind made up, I see some more info. All I know is that I do want to explore St John this trip. How, is so up in the air. I have also looked into doing a 1/2 day through someone. I have also looked at just going over there on my own which includes renting a boat or just taking the ferry. Right now it is just a toss of a coin, but the coin has too many sides. UGH!

I just posted about sailing with Captain Max out of St Thomas. She is terrific for sailing/snorkeling, and has excellent equipment (her DH has the top dive ship on the island). You might want to check her out--very reasonable, and it's really nice going where the crowds AREN'T.

Archived