Carnival Freedom - Nassau June 21, 2017

packerbackergb

So I'm on Carnival reading reviews of different excursions. We just wanted to pay for Beach days and just relax for a few hours. Out of 30+ pages, I got about 18 deep, and I'm not intrigued enough about the options.

So where the heck can I look up other things to do that aren't offered by Carnival? Can I just walk of the ship and there's a beach there that I can lay on? How does any of this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a wealth of just the kind of information you are looking for right here on Cruise Critic!!

Go to the main page and scroll down until you see PORTS OF CALL -- it is broken down by area, country and ports. If you scroll through those or just ask questions over there you will come across DIY and other recommendations.

You can ask on your ROLL CALL if there is anyone with experience at any of the ports.

There is NO NEED to book through the cruise line, if you are comfortable with getting back to the ship before it pulls away from the dock. I'm not sure of your ports but if you want beach days, Little French Key, Maya Chan, and others are always posted on the boards. '

In ports there will be hawkers for tours, taxi trips and beach transport, just make sure you understand what the cost is up front and how you get back to the ship!

Good luck, have fun and don't stress this!