Amsterdam- Vista suite categories

MellyMel612

I apologize if this is a common question. I have searched the forum as well as googled and haven't found a definitive answer yet.

What is the difference between A, B and BB? Is it primarily location? Is it best to avoid one over the other?

Thank you!

What is the difference between A, B and BB? Is it primarily location? Is it best to avoid one over the other?
Yes, location. In rough water the nearer you are to the center of the ship the less pitching motion you will experience. Also, some of the B/BB/BC (6106 to 6122) have a shower only, no tub.

Edited by jtl513

We have been in cabins locations all over the ship and have never noticed any debilitating location. Most rough water tends to affect the entire ship and if often limited to only a few hours.

The Captain wants to get away from it as much as the passengers. I personally would not pay a premium for location, and I can get sea sick under the right (wrong) conditions. However, once I started taking Bonine preventively this has no longer been a problem.

More the footing instability now when there is ship movement, but that is usually when one is about in the public areas. But by the time I am in my cabin and most likely in a prone position, where that cabin is located has not played much in my mind or experience.

Others can report the total opposite, but that is just my own experience. And once we were on the very tippy top of the Prinsendam for a month - so either it was no rough water on that cruise or it simply did not matter.