Cave tubing weight limits

brooklynfc

I actually went online and emailed a few companies about their weight limits, but none have answered. Now, I believe in is .bz that says that the hike to caves is easy and doesn't say anything about weight limits. I'm hoping (Lord please let me at least lose 30#) that I will be about 300# by my cruise in August. And I'm working in the gym to increase my physical activity, including using incline on the treadmill for a "hiking" effect. My friend, who is probably up 100# than me is doing crossfit workouts. So we are both working hard to change. However, I really don't want my weight to hold me back from doing something i really want to. Now, if the tube is going to pop because I'm too big or I'm going to slow the group down too much, I don't want to embark on this adventure. But if some of you could give me some heads up or your personal thoughts (not about my health or weight) on the doability of this, I would appreciate it.

thanks.

I had someone in my group that was just shy of 300lbs and he had very little problems with tubing. I do not believe they have a restriction. It can be a bit of a hike through some rough terrain and I'd say as long as you can do that then you should be good to go. Once on the river (more like a creek), there will be some shallow parts where the guide will shout "butts up" which means you better try and get your butt up out of the tube or you're going to get it beaten by some rocks:eek:

The tube will not pop and I would go for it if I were you!:D

Thanks guys. I think I can handle the hike, might not be super fast moving, but I should be able to handle it. I actually was able to book through Carnival and get them to price match BZ's price. And they don't list a weight limit on their site either.

Here's to trying new adventures!

• 5 months later...
Thanks guys. I think I can handle the hike, might not be super fast moving, but I should be able to handle it. I actually was able to book through Carnival and get them to price match BZ's price. And they don't list a weight limit on their site either.

Here's to trying new adventures!

How did you get carnival to do that? Did you book on the ship or before?