Spring Break on the Breeze?? Week of 3/26/17

EmieT

Almost all of our Texas Universities and Colleges take Spring Break from the 13th to the 17th! :cool:

Consequently I think that is the week that all f the CCL cruises I check on are right at twice the price as the other weeks. ;)

You may get spring breaks from kids in lower level schools (high school and below) that are with their parents. But pp is correct in that most college students wouldn't be able to afford a 7 day cruise. I've gone on a 5 day cruise that must have been right after college let out, and I will not do that again! :eek::rolleyes:

I am in North Louisiana and we are on that sailing and it is spring break for us. This is our 2nd year on this cruise and there is a lot of kids because it is spring break for a lot of Louisiana, Indiana, Ohio and Kansas.

A lot of the people that we cruised with last year are returning this year.

Many private schools are on the same track as many of the colleges and universities, which take their Spring Break the first 2 weeks of March off every year, (that being Feb 26th-March 11th this year.)

I take my 9-year-old son on a cruise every year during this time and have honestly not noticed a significant increase in college kids or children, compared to say, the middle of January.

....and I would definitely notice. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a cruise around a ton of kids, old or young. We did the Disney cruise once, and once was enough. :p

Yes, that would be safer

Spring breaks will be March-April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at 2/26! One more question. Is it worth the difference to go on the Breeze rather than Freedom? 1st time on Carnival.

We are on the 3/26 sailing and am wondering the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have cruised on Royal Caribbean and Princess. Keep hearing it is roudy crowd on the Carnival. And costumes r skimpy. Is that true???

Most of Texas schools will have Spring Break during the first or second week of March. My Spring Break is March 5th. That's when we'll be on Break. My daughter teaches in a different district and she's on Spring Break the week after me.

You can usually tell when most of Texas is on Spring Break, because Carnival prices in Galveston jump up about 40-50%. That week would be March 12th. Since prices were good during my week off, we booked the Breeze. We've also sailed out of New Orleans during Spring break a few years ago because it was cheaper to drive the extra few hours to get a Balcony cabin cheaper than an Inside cabin the same week out of Galveston.

I'm in Indiana and our schools have break the last 2 weeks in March. I cruised last spring break out of Galveston on RC Liberty of the Sea and we did have a lot of kids. We had to rush early dinner to get the kids in the kids club each evening before they filled up. Don't go in March if you don't want a bunch of kids!

Looking at 2/26! One more question. Is it worth the difference to go on the Breeze rather than Freedom? 1st time on Carnival.

If it's a little more, then a newer ship is usually my preference. However if it's a lot then I'll go cheaper cruise.

I've never had a bad cruise, but I have had some I liked more than others. Look at ship layouts and cabin choices on each to help you decide

Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first Carnival Cruise was in 2010, the last week of March on the Freedom. End of cruise, the cruise director said there were 900+ kids under the age of 18. I was surprised as I had not noticed many. Have sailed Spring Break every year since (either last week of March or first week of March). Have not ever really noticed obnoxious kids but then, I'm not looking for them. Spend most sea days in Serenity area. Now, obnoxious adults....that's another matter. When the grown ups show up to early dining blitzed to the point of knocking their wine glasses over (every single night).... Let's just say... never again will we remain at a table with that.

Carnival does do a pretty good job of keeping the kids entertained. There will always be exceptions.