Playa Del Carmen Question

lilbit

If anyone has been to Playa Del Carmen could you please answer the following questions for me. I would appreciate it greatly. Sun 11/27 who knows whether it is going to Cozumel or PDC, however, if it is and it drops people off in PDC: is it worth or even possible to get off the ship and browse around the town and take a ferry over to Cozumel? Can you only get off the ship if your on a tour with the cruise? How much for ferry? Is it worth going if your not on a tour? Sorry for all the "?'s". Thanks!!!

I bet you could get off at Playa. The ferry ride is around 40 to 50 minutes, but ticket prices have probably changed since the last time anyone used it.

I don't remember how much the tickets were, but a search of the forums should root that answer out.

Playa Del Carmen is a little town that has plenty of shopping with little restaurants and beautiful beaches. We love it..........We always take 1 cruise a year and we also do 1 All Inclusive, and we do that in Playa at Iberostar Tucan which is about 2 miles south of Playa Del Carmen. It ismy all time favorite place, 2nd only to Bora Bora and the South Pacific.

You can also take excursions to Tulum, Xel-Ha, Xcaret from Playa Del Carmen. They are only about a 20 min drive south of Playa.

We just returned from spending 5 days in PDC - our second trip there this year. It is a great place with lots of shopping and great places to eat. IMO it is well worth getting off of the ship for. Hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Archived