Air to sea

I have never booked an air to sea before. Is the transfers from airport to boat and boat to airport included?? And will I be given a certain disembarkation to make said flight. And if I fly in two days before,will that mess up my disembarkation. And on top of all that any helpful hints.

First Air 2 Sea is best used for International flights not Domestic. You can check about 330 days out and put in your dates of travel and departing airport then compare. Transfers are done if coming the day of the cruise so if you plan on arriving 2 days earlier then you could book transfers back to the airport. The other important thing to look at, the buses used need to wait on all passengers needing it before they can leave. We have stopped using transfers and grab a cab or do a private shuttle.

Air2sea is much better on international flights (at least for my one way to catch my TA cruise. I always fly in at least one day ahead.

If you fly in early (unless staying at the airport), their transfers aren't convenient. Plus they cost more.

Yes, they generally offer transportation when disembarking to get you to the airport. But unless there is only one person, a taxi can be cheaper. And in some cases, even for one pax, about the same. As others have stated, you likely have to wait for other pax to fill the bus.

If you are looking at flights within the US, their prices aren't always better.

Where are you flying from and to?

Dena

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be flying from islip mc author airport on long Island, to tampa. I live out east on the island and I hate travelling to jfk or la Guardia. Travelling times could be from 2 hours or several hours to those airports. Southwest and American are the only two airlines coming out of there. I thought if you booked with air to sea and they had you on a 12pm flight they would Guaranteed to get u there on time

Another point in using Air 2 Sea they will want to fly you from a major airport, an example for us, is LAX yet we have our own major INTL airport. From your post and destination you will do much better booking with the airline or using one of the other booking sites. For our upcoming TA out of Copenhagen next August, I booked a round trip from home to Boston, then used Air 2 Sea for our 1 way ticket to Copenhagen.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Personally I would not risk flying in the day of a cruise. There could be multiple delays.

Yes, you could book with them and their transportation from the airport to the ship. However, if your flight is delayed (they have no control over that) it is very unlikely they will hold a ship. I cannot say never as I believe it happened to one ship I was on but they only waited about 30 min.

If you want to take the risk, make sure you have travel insurance to cover any costs to get you to your first port (even if an island in the Caribbean).

Sent from my iPad using Forums