Calling all Grand Cayman Brides - Past or Present

STBMrsP

I've been freaking out a little bit about having my wedding in port at Grand Cayman, mostly because I have been told that the port if frequently skipped. Any brides on here get married in port at Grand Cayman? I'd love to hear about your experience!

I'm not a Grand Cayman Bride yet, but my wedding is in August 2017. I've been to Grand Cayman via Carnival 6 times so far and never had a problem with skipping the port. Maybe I've just been super lucky, but either way I know it's a[possibility. I've made peace with that and won't stress out over it. I'm not one of those brides that needed a certain day for my wedding date anyways, so if we have to skip it I won't be completely devastated for years to come. I talked to the wedding department and they said that we would still have the reception on board like planned and the captain could do a symbolic wedding, so we would still have a great time. At that point I would just go to the courthouse when we got back to NJ. It would make for a fun story no matter what happens. You just have to decide if you can live with that option if it happens. I love Grand Cayman and wanted a beach wedding since I was a kid, so I'm willing to take the risk. After all a wedding is one day, your marriage is your whole life and you'll still wind up married :0)