Oasis of the Seas scheduling - dinner? shows?

nkereina

We'll be on Oasis for the first time in April doing MTD. I'm trying to make a few dinner reservations as well as show reservations, and am finding it challenging to schedule them. About how long are dinners, typically? Any specialty restaurants take longer than others?

Similarly, how early should we arrive for a show we have a reservation for in order to get four seats together? Do any of the shows fill up faster than others?

For example, I have a few 7pm MDR reservations, with 9pm-ish show times. Worried that if we don't get seated on time at dinner, we'll be rushing and then late to the show, or not have seats together.

Am I overthinking this? lol - thanks for the help!

What I did was schedule all our shows and print out the calendar. When I then went to schedule our meals around the shows, the website told me when there were conflicts.

Some nights we are eating quite late (for us). We will stop by the buffet before the shows for something light those nights, I guess

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Dinner in the MDR takes about 1.5 hours. If you have a show reservation you need to be there at least 15 minutes early, that is when they hold the reservations through. They let the standby line in about 10 minutes before show time.

The comedy show is very popular and the venue is small.

We'll be on Oasis for the first time in April doing MTD. I'm trying to make a few dinner reservations as well as show reservations, and am finding it challenging to schedule them. About how long are dinners, typically? Any specialty restaurants take longer than others?

Similarly, how early should we arrive for a show we have a reservation for in order to get four seats together? Do any of the shows fill up faster than others?

For example, I have a few 7pm MDR reservations, with 9pm-ish show times. Worried that if we don't get seated on time at dinner, we'll be rushing and then late to the show, or not have seats together.

Am I overthinking this? lol - thanks for the help!

On my Cruise Planner page, it shows a 2 hour duration for dinner each night. Would it let you book entertainment less than 2 hours after your dinner time or would they consider it a conflict with you dinner time and not permit it?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

We scheduled MTD dinner reservations for 6:30 each night and I was able to schedule shows at 8:00 and 8:30 on a couple nights. I think it gives you the conflict warning but you can Choose to overide and schedule the shows. When you go to dinner those nights you have a show scheduled just make your server aware and they will get you out in time. In my experience our dinners never took more than 1.5 hours even when we weren't hurrying to get to a show! We had a table of 5, larger tables may take longer.

I have made my shows 2 hours after/before dinner. I plan on telling our waitstaff about all shows and skipping dessert on any show we want to arrive early, like diving show. My question is if we want to get dessert later where to go? Wind Jammer, Cafe Promenade?:p