Advice for Wheelchair User

Seaniemac7

Hi All, I am a wheelchair user that can walk short distances and my wife and I are due to sail on MSC Splendida out of Barcelona on Friday next, 27th January. It will be our first ever cruise and I`m just looking for any last minute tips or advice for someone with limited mobility on day to day ship life or anything that may be of assistance to us on our trip. Any Tips or Tricks would be greatly appreciated :confused:

I do not have mobility issues but did pay attention to those who were in wheelchairs when I was on the Splendida last week.

On the ship you should have no problems as everything is easily accessible. But until you figure out how everything is laid out, especially around the midship atrium area, there might be a bit of backtracking. For us, it was easy to go up and down the Swarovski staircases. You have to go back to the elevators. Pick up a map of the ship and study it so you go to the right place at the right level. Or even study it online now.

I am trying to think if there was anything else challenging in port. We had a number of folks in manual wheelchairs who were pushed as well as those in electric ones.

Good luck and have a fab time.

Edited by chinita415