Port Canaveral Disembarkation Rental Car Chaos

RW20

This past weekend we disembarked from the Carnival Sunshine. The Magic was right next door and also using the same area to pick up rental cars.

The whole process was chaos! There were no lines or dedicated spaces for any of the rental agencies. We were lucky that we got off the ship early as we had priority. Even then when the Enterprise/Alamo/National van showed up we had to rush the van to ensure we got in. Some of my family got off later and they said it was worse then.

The port needs to improve the organization here. Adding a queuing system by rental agency would significantly improve things.

We used Alamo and once we got there the line was empty. The big issue was just getting the shuttle.

We also had early disembarkation. My sister who came out 15 minutes later waited over an hour for the shuttle.

The only shuttle which was waiting for people was Hertz. But then looking at their pricing I know why.

Carnival was also the far side of the port. If you are at terminal 1 then it would be close enough to walk.