Pirate's B2B on the VISTA! Jan. 8-22 Review

pirate4me2

Just read your review and thoroughly enjoyed it! We were on a B2B on the Sunshine as you were on a B2B on the Vista! St. Kitts was a new port for us, too, and I really enjoyed it. The view from the top of Brimstone Hill Fortress was literally breathtaking!

My favorite drink is the Mocha Chocolate Getaway! And I agree with you about the hot chocolate-delicious!

We are booked on the Vista for January 2018 and I already can't wait! I have seen pictures of the Liquid Lounge and it does look like it has a horrible layout. The Liquid Lounge on the Sunshine was okay, but the second level on the Sunshine actually looks better than pictures of the second level on the Vista. We booked our very first balcony-a cove-and I'm looking forward to making full use of it! It will be our 10th cruise, but we won't be platinum quite yet.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's been a number of years since we have cruised on Carnival. I'm sure we've taken 15 Carnival cruises before moving to Princess & Celebrity. But the Havana area on the Vista has peaked my interest and we may just have to book a cruise on the Vista. Can you suggest an interior cabin and a balcony cabin that we should try to book? I liked the fact you could access the Havana pool deck directly from your balcony. How do you access it from an Interior cabin? I would want to have cabins on the Havana deck. No stairs if possible. Looking forward to hearing your recommendation. In between I will look at a deck plan. Welcome home!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have an interior Havana cabin you just have to walk down the hallway and go around thru the Havana bar to get to and from the pool area. It wouldn't be hard, just a few more steps as you go to and from the Havana pool area and your cabin.

As far as any recommendations for the cabins, we really liked our balcony one, #5231. We hardly heard noise from the Havana bar at night. We had friends in the interior ones and I don't think they had any noise complaints either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Just read your review and thoroughly enjoyed it! We were on a B2B on the Sunshine as you were on a B2B on the Vista! St. Kitts was a new port for us, too, and I really enjoyed it. The view from the top of Brimstone Hill Fortress was literally breathtaking!

My favorite drink is the Mocha Chocolate Getaway! And I agree with you about the hot chocolate-delicious!

We are booked on the Vista for January 2018 and I already can't wait! I have seen pictures of the Liquid Lounge and it does look like it has a horrible layout. The Liquid Lounge on the Sunshine was okay, but the second level on the Sunshine actually looks better than pictures of the second level on the Vista. We booked our very first balcony-a cove-and I'm looking forward to making full use of it! It will be our 10th cruise, but we won't be platinum quite yet.

I love the Sunshine!! I've sailed on her twice and will be back on her in October. Her Liquid Lounge is much better than Vista's. I keep saying Sunshine is one of my favorite ships, I don't know why...There is just something about that ship that I love. I liked Vista, especially the Havana area, but she didn't beat out Sunshine/Breeze/Pride to take one of my top spots.

I've never tried a cove balcony, it's on my list of rooms to try one day. Being that close to the water looks awesome!

Enjoyed your review, thanks for taking the time. I was on Vista for 11 days and agree with your observations. Lines weren't any different than I've experienced on other ships. Getting in line at Comedy Club 30 minutes before show assured good seats, a perfectly sized room for comedy. Manny Olivera was one of the best I've seen, love his style of humor. As with you, biggest complaint is Liquid Lounge. Carnival really dropped the ball on that one.

Several in our FB group stayed in Havana cabins. Reviews were mixed. Half loved the privacy and half said that there were so many other things to do on the ship that they didn't have the time to enjoy it and questioned spending the extra money.

Did you find the time to do the SkyRide? It was a blast. Best to do it on port day while others are ashore.

Thanks again for an excellent review!

Enjoyed your review, thanks for taking the time. I was on Vista for 11 days and agree with your observations. Lines weren't any different than I've experienced on other ships. Getting in line at Comedy Club 30 minutes before show assured good seats, a perfectly sized room for comedy. Manny Olivera was one of the best I've seen, love his style of humor. As with you, biggest complaint is Liquid Lounge. Carnival really dropped the ball on that one.

Several in our FB group stayed in Havana cabins. Reviews were mixed. Half loved the privacy and half said that there were so many other things to do on the ship that they didn't have the time to enjoy it and questioned spending the extra money.

Did you find the time to do the SkyRide? It was a blast. Best to do it on port day while others are ashore.

Thanks again for an excellent review!

Thank you for reading my review! I did not do the Skyride (I'm afraid of heights!) but my husband did. He did it on our day in Grand Cayman and still had to wait about 30 to 45 minutes.

Pirate...just got back around reading the rest of your review. We were on the larger van for Thenford. Great guy! Great tour! Shipwreck beach wasn't to DW's liking so we opted to head back to the ship early. I had ordered some conch fritters but they never arrived before we left.

I see why I missed you in the Alchemy. I headed there around 9 P each night. I left the America Rocks performance early. Too much distortion and too loud for my 4 ears. Chris was probably behind me in the Java Café lines. They did get long, especially when the guy didn't open right at 7A.

And the Dia/Plat party was way too crowded but we managed to get seats along the side and scarf up some appies. Surprised they had Sam Addams Rebel and Regular instead of just the big beer stuff. We were Zone 2 and were off the ship about 15 minutes after you were. Grabbed the car and headed out. Like you we had stormy weather, lots of wind all the way home. And then we get home and 10 minutes later, a tornadic wind rolled through town and we were without power for almost 2 full days:eek: MAde us wish we had stayed on the ship:D

Hey Crew!

Wow, that's crazy weather to come home to! I'm glad we just came home to rain and thunderstorms.

Sounds like you enjoyed the cruise as well. I'm excited to get back onboard Vista in September. Hopefully this cruise will be as good as the one we were on!

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm Froufie, I believe it does need to be corrected! I know several people were wanting to do the pay as you go route, but they were all told when they got to Mr Sancho's that day they only had the all inclusive now.

If I'm not mistaken, they have a set number of availability for each side. It was probably that was all they had left available that day. I do believe it is still both options, I will definitely be booking faaaaar in advance!

• 1 month later...
So the ice cream during lunch hours is free at the sweet spot/lido deck? It sounds like they have different flavors not just the typical main 3.

Yep, it's free, and they have 2 different flavors each day. It's so yummy!!!!!! ;p:D

• 4 months later...

Awesome review! I really enjoyed it. For some reason, the pictures didn't show up for me, but I enjoyed reading about your experience. We are cruising January 2018 and we can't wait.

You mentioned towards the beginning of your review that you wanted to change a different booking and waited to change that and received $200 OBC for doing so. My husband and I have talked about booking another cruise while on our current cruise and were wondering what the benefits would be for doing so - do you have anymore details about that? Is the $200 OBC the only perk?

Thanks again!! :)

• 1 month later...
You post was very informative and surely makes me want to book the vista. Thanks for a great review.

Thanks for reading!!

Awesome review! I really enjoyed it. For some reason, the pictures didn't show up for me, but I enjoyed reading about your experience. We are cruising January 2018 and we can't wait.

You mentioned towards the beginning of your review that you wanted to change a different booking and waited to change that and received $200 OBC for doing so. My husband and I have talked about booking another cruise while on our current cruise and were wondering what the benefits would be for doing so - do you have anymore details about that? Is the $200 OBC the only perk?

Thanks again!! :)

What the heck, I wonder why the pics aren’t working??? I’ll look into that.

Anyway, we were onboard the last cruise where they offered the $200 OBC if you booked a new cruise while on your current cruise. The next sailing they switched to a new program, which I don’t know anything about really.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums