West Quay Cars Transfer LHR to Southampton

wandergal

6 hours ago, John Bull said:

From what I've seen, the poor reviews for West Quay have all been for short local taxi trips at short notice (eg phone now for a taxi asap to take me home from the pub). I see a similar percentage of poor reviews for other taxi operators, and again mainly for short-notice local journeys.

As with other low-value run-of-the-mill goods & services, folk who are unhappy are far more likely to take the trouble to post a review than those who are satisfied.  

But cruisers book well in advance and for much longer journeys, mostly between Southampton and London or a London airport. 

Such journeys are far more important, so folk are far more likely to share good experiences as well as the relatively-few poor ones.

If you're not confident about West Quay there are plenty of other transfer operators.

But I'd caution against Uber for your trip. Friends frequently use Uber for short-notice local trips via the app, they have Uber accounts and usually get good service and accurate forecasts of arrival time. If I used taxis frequently for local trips, especially when I don't know in advance when I'll want one, I'd probably use Uber as well.

But Uber's prices are based on both time and distance - their prices are only estimates which are seriously affected by traffic delays etc. and in any case they're generally expensive for longer journeys.

So for a long journey we always book in advance with operators who quote a fixed price. 

JB :classic_smile:

JB,  Thank you so much for the very helpful response.  (I'm in agreement with you on Uber; I'm not a user of it as is, even for short trips at home.)  I will go with the majority (good reviews) rule for West Quay.  Thanks again...

• 5 weeks later...

We just got back from a cruise out of Southampton. We took the rail down from London to Southampton and that was fine since we did it midday and not during rush hour. We bought tickets in advance and got first class for the price of a regular fair. All first class basically provided was room for our bags. But it was fine!

after the cruise, we had Lionheart Travel pick us up at the port and take us to Heathrow. I cannot say enough good things about Lionheart!!! We were met on time and got into a very nice car and had the BEST talk/history lesson on the way to Heathrow. So much fun!! 

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, sandyrich said:

Has anyone used Woodford chauffeur cars?  We are looking for 6 people from Southampton to our hotel in London stopping at a few sites along the way.  Any recommendations?

I suggest that you start a new thread. You are likely to get a better response.