Issues with health less than 100 days out

Kitt Grey

Just to vent a little. On May 8th I am scheduled to go on a dream cruise to Alaska on the Legend. Earlier this month I went to my doctors for routine blood work and she found elevated liver enzymes. Without going in to great detail about the tests it seems I may have something seriously wrong that is being caught early. Now I am worried I may have to cancel the cruise.

Yes I know it is early to make that call and I am willing to roll the dice and risk not getting a refund if I wait to cancel in case I can get this nailed down and under control.

The part that is hard regarding the cruise is that it is taking all the fun of planning. Usually I love this part, getting ready, making lists, planning out all the ports and before and after the cruise. I adore diving in to the history of the ports and reading up in guide books. This trip I am missing all that excitement.

Ok vent over.

Just to vent a little. On May 8th I am scheduled to go on a dream cruise to Alaska on the Legend. Earlier this month I went to my doctors for routine blood work and she found elevated liver enzymes. Without going in to great detail about the tests it seems I may have something seriously wrong that is being caught early. Now I am worried I may have to cancel the cruise.

Yes I know it is early to make that call and I am willing to roll the dice and risk not getting a refund if I wait to cancel in case I can get this nailed down and under control.

The part that is hard regarding the cruise is that it is taking all the fun of planning. Usually I love this part, getting ready, making lists, planning out all the ports and before and after the cruise. I adore diving in to the history of the ports and reading up in guide books. This trip I am missing all that excitement.

Ok vent over.

Many things can cause elevated liver enzymes. It may just be a medication that you are taking. I wouldn't get too worked up about it until you know all the details. Try to enjoy your pre-planning. You still have time before any final decisions have to be made and even if it is something more serious that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a cruise while you work on your health. Cruises can be great for your health. Try to stay positive. Good luck and good health to you.

Many things can cause elevated liver enzymes. It may just be a medication that you are taking. I wouldn't get too worked up about it until you know all the details. Try to enjoy your pre-planning. You still have time before any final decisions have to be made and even if it is something more serious that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a cruise while you work on your health. Cruises can be great for your health. Try to stay positive. Good luck and good health to you.

What a sweet post! I agree with everything you said!

I am sorry to hear about your health scare and hope it is not as bad as thought to be. I think you should still continue planning your cruise seeing that it is something you enjoy doing. If my calculations are correct, final payment for that cruise is not due until February 22nd which is about 4 weeks away. Do not cancel as yet. Wait until last minute to make that decision but make plans just in case you have to.

Doc update. Numbers continue to improve but not great yet will continue to watch and see. Holding on more aggressive treatments until we give it a little more time.

Still planning on going hoping and working for best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope you get better. Don't give up.

I am sorry to hear about your health scare and hope it is not as bad as thought to be. I think you should still continue planning your cruise seeing that it is something you enjoy doing. If my calculations are correct, final payment for that cruise is not due until February 22nd which is about 4 weeks away. Do not cancel as yet. Wait until last minute to make that decision but make plans just in case you have to.

Final payment is due February 7th. Alaska cruises are now 90 days out.

Doc update. Numbers continue to improve but not great yet will continue to watch and see. Holding on more aggressive treatments until we give it a little more time.

Still planning on going hoping and working for best.

Keep up the spirit! Wish you well.

Ok vent over.

So sorry but maybe it will get cleared up in time before final payment.