Jade haven suite 14012

sheila59

• 3 weeks later...

Been in a number of Haven suites on the Jade and 14012 is probably the best one. One of the reasons we have settled on that one is that it is on the starboard side so if you want to see something on that side it will be visible from your balcony if it happening on the port side, a quick trip up the stairs opposite the door and you have that huge sun deck above the 145xx suites where you have a port and stern view.

There are only four suites that can see right down to the side of the ship because there is a canopy under all of the other suites that cover the walkway on deck 13 that sticks out under them. Two of the four are two bed suites (14512 and 14012) and the other two don't have the extra bedroom (14014 and 14514)

The only marginall real downside we know of is that it is just possible for someone to look up at the big floor-to-ceiling window in the shower and the window over the bath tub. However, they would have to really stretch out over the balcony to see in and the windows are slightly tinted so you can't see in during daylight. Best counter to it is to drop the roller blinds if you are using either bath or shower and it is dark so the lights are on in the bath area.

Because the suite is at the opposite end of the Haven to the drinks and titbits on the counter you have to walk at least 60-80 feet each way to get to them - oh dear.

No doubt for us 14012 is the best suite in the Haven. In fact the only ones to even come remotely close, if you don't want to be in the Haven, are the aft ones but if you feel that the Haven is worth the extra cost, go for 14012 or 14014 if you don't want the extra bedroom.

• 4 months later...

There are only a handful of cabins in the Haven on the Jewel class. Good/bad - really a very small difference. There are 4 regular and one smaller on each side. Port or starboard really does not matter. If you look towards the top of this picture, those glass sections are the bathrooms.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Just realize that one on each side is a one bedroom.

on the jewel we have stayed in 14012 twice and 14512 once. WE love 14012. its our favorite cabin. Those two cabins are great as they look straight down, don't have a deck below you and they don't have the deck lights outside your cabin.

When I stayed in that suite you couldn't go to Haven. Have things changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A bit confused with your statement. Which suite are your referring to? All these suites on 14 are in the haven.

on the jewel we have stayed in 14012 twice and 14512 once. WE love 14012. its our favorite cabin. Those two cabins are great as they look straight down, don't have a deck below you and they don't have the deck lights outside your cabin.

We can change our cabin from 14512 to 14012 , as of today. Since you have stayed in both, may I ask why you prefer 14012 over the other? Just wondering if we should change. Thanks a bunch. :*

Very little difference at all, apart from 14012 being on the opposite side to the sun deck on Deck15 out of the Haven so you have the option to see off either side of the ship if there is something interesting on one side or the other, you turn left into it rather than turning right into 14512 and 14512 is about 10 yds closer to the hot tub.

CabinCop: You might want to edit your signature. Here is how it is appearing.

EDIT - now that I have posted it, it changed a bit more. Either way, it is messed up.

:cool: 51 & counting. + alot of CTNs cruises !!!:D 11years living the suite sweet life. YOOOOOOOOOOO 11

We were able to change our cabin to 14012- Jewel.

Since this is a 30 day cruise, I am thankful for all the help and information from all you great CC posters.

This should make our big adventure much more comfortable ;)

I concur! Best cabin in the Haven!

We can change our cabin from 14512 to 14012 , as of today. Since you have stayed in both, may I ask why you prefer 14012 over the other? Just wondering if we should change. Thanks a bunch. :*

Honestly it's just a feeling lol both are great. We just like the starboard layout that when you walk in the room is on your left. It really didnt matter. Just all six of us liked the flipped layout of 14012 ;)

Angela