Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

The hospital, GP, Chiropracter in fact all medical facilities under one (blue) roof. Minor surgeries only. Anything major and you're flown to Santiago in Chile or Inverness in Scotland.

DSCN2744.jpg

DSCN2745.jpg

Government House

DSCN2748.jpg

In memory of the liberators, June 1982

DSCN2760.jpg

DSCN2761.jpg

DSCN2762.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2806.jpg

This was soooo sweet and virtually inedible!

DSCN2807.jpg

So I go to the International cafe and have this GF coconut confection instead

DSCN2809.jpg

What I like about the Crown is the amazing array of items for purchase. I needed nail polish remover and they had pads really cheap!! (less than $3) They had hearing aid batteries.... a really comprehensive stock

DSCN2810.jpg

Beautiful photos and a wonderful blog! So...would you sail with Princess again?

Oh Nancy such a difficult question to answer my friend. I had such high expectations of the ship and I really don't want to give the impression that there's a whole lot wrong with it. The whole holiday was incredible and I'm so glad to have experienced the entire itinerary in the order I did. The glitches on board in no way impacted my time away..... just for moments if that makes sense. They need to sort the tendering out....it's a major factor.....we only walked ashore once the whole time. We never sailed away on time. And that matters when you're sailing a Glacier alley. They need to have a word with the executive chef about the GF bread!! Lol. I did a galley tour (pics later) and I would've been encouraged had I seen a GF galley. But I didn't. I missed sailing on a ship and not having status..... sounds crazy but having free laundry and a glass or two of wine in the evening really helps!! They didn't offer a new to Princess cruises evening event at all. Any time I went to the theatre (to be fair it wasn't often) it was standing room only..... too small for the number of passengers. So...... probably not is the answer. Didn't feel much valued is how that comes out eh?

Thank you for sharing all this with us, I know how much work and time it takes

Sandy in Spain

Thanks Sandy. I've caught up with the laundry, seen the grandsons, shared gifts and have little dog home from the kennels.... this is helping me reminisce :)

Day 16 Ushuaia and Glacier Alley

I think this was the day that impacted me most on board in a negative way. I tried really hard to 'go with the flow' but it's incredibly difficult when you've had a very early start then no lunch, morning and afternoon excursions, and a port of call you don't actually get to see. Here's how it went.

Check out the screen time

DSCN2930.jpg

DSCN2931.jpg

DSCN2932.jpg

DSCN2934.jpg

DSCN2935.jpg

We're supposed to be berthed but we're tendered

DSCN2938.jpg

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2941.jpg

We're over two hours plus in the theatre awaiting our catamaran tour to be called with no refreshments. Two Princess bus excursions are cancelled altogether. We're told that the water level isn't deep enough for us at the berth and that a Celebrity ship is there already. This turns out to be a little white lie eh Princess? Rumours fly about that It's our presence on the Falklands Islands has caused red tape to fly but eventually word gets out that our berth hadn't in fact been secured by Corporate..... so Celebrity coughed up and got it. We'll never know for sure.

We're then told that we have been offered a berth but accessing the pier is hazardous as would necessitate the use of a ladder so has been declined (seriously?)

Eventually the catamaran tour is called.... we will board the catamaran directly from the ship.

We go below stairs.

DSCN2942.jpg

DSCN2944.jpg

DSCN2945.jpg