Questions and concerns regarding heat and MS

philbop

Hi there:

I was a travel agent for 23 years so I know my way around. Specifically and for some background. I spent 3 weeks in Europe (8 nights on Vision RCCL) last summer, before that Liberty and this year Adventure of the Seas Caribbean. We are going back to Europe in 2018. We spent a week in Venice, then the cruise to the Greek Islands and Croatia and then back to Venice, Florence by Train and back to Venice for several more days. We decided of Venice (been there 4 times) and Florence/saw Fiesole if that is spelled right) we still intend on our next Med cruise to either do a round trip from Venice or the Barcelona and end up in Venice because I have MS, I always have to worry about the heat. I am in fairly good shape and got to the Acropolis and kept up with everyone etc.

ok that was so you know. I can only go July and August my husband drives a school bus. SPECIFICALLY, am I correct that Rome would be the hottest Port of departure, Barcelona the "easiest" and Venice still bloody hot, but we managed? Having not DONE the Italian Renne sort of cruises, but LIKING the Islands and less touristy places (we stayed 15 minutes away from St Marks in Venice) I think for US the Rhapsody would be a good choice as I suspect that Rome and Nice etc would be harder to navigate with crowds and all that and if we repeat Athens, has anyone done the Corinth Canal Versus versus something non Athens or staying on the ship which we have done. In Mykonos for example, I would rather be told ahead of time don't go to the island that has the antiquities if it is too hot. We did excursions in Crete, Santorini, Athens, Katakolon and were very pleased, it seemed like the a/c bus etc helped. Not at worried in the Caribbean because most of the excursions include a swim or something cooling.

Anyone? I do not mind if someone is a Western Med lover, I would invite everyone to give as much or as little as they would like to contribute.

I do much research and consequently all that I booked in Venice and rail etc went like clockwork, but I don't want a forced march on Vacation.

THANKS