Haven aft penthouse

bklynfinest77

So after booking this I kind of feel like I'm going to regret being so far the haven courtyard.. for anyone that stayed in a haven aft room did u find your self using the haven courtyard, dinner room and other stuff? ... I feel I might use posh alot cause it in the back of the boat but not sure about the haven .. would love to know what you did

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

So after booking this I kind of feel like I'm going to regret being so far the haven courtyard.. for anyone that stayed in a haven aft room did u find your self using the haven courtyard, dinner room and other stuff? ... I feel I might use posh alot cause it in the back of the boat but not sure about the haven .. would love to know what you did

We used the Haven all the time. Yes, it was a walk but that just gave me an excuse not to feel guilty for a second dessert :)

Not sure what ship you are on, but you mention Posh and that is only on Epic, and it is not even close to the aft of the ship -- it is forward where the Haven is. The equivalent on the away ships (breakaway, etc) is called Vibe, and it is also up forward near Haven.

Answering your question, we used the Haven pool and restaurant alot; we had breakfast delivered from the Haven restaurant alot. From our perspective, the ginormous balcony makes the aft preferable

Not sure what ship you are on, but you mention Posh and that is only on Epic, and it is not even close to the aft of the ship -- it is forward where the Haven is. The equivalent on the away ships (breakaway, etc) is called Vibe, and it is also up forward near Haven.

Answering your question, we used the Haven pool and restaurant alot; we had breakfast delivered from the Haven restaurant alot. From our perspective, the ginormous balcony makes the aft preferable

You are right I was think spice h20 and yea

I'm on the epic

So after booking this I kind of feel like I'm going to regret being so far the haven courtyard......

Join the club. Most all feel the same in H6's. It will work it self out aboard.

Then, next sailing, you will know where to book for sure.

Enjoy, ..... regardless of deck.

I'm sure your party will somehow struggle through an aft H6. lol.

Enjoy

We had an aft penthouse on ESCAPE. The distance to The Haven was never a problem and didn't keep us from using the facility. The size of the balcony MORE than made up for any distance we had to walk. Go for it. They are great suites. You're going to be walking a lot on this cruise anyway.

Edited by DCT61

My first cruise was in a Haven aft balcony. I loved the balcony and the room. We did have breakfast delivered to the room every morning which saved us a walk to the Haven restaurant. The first few days we did not mind the walk to the front of the ship but by Thursday we were tired of it. The balcony is great to sit and relax but I would not do it again. The constant drone from the engine was nice but after staying in the Haven 2 bedroom I found that I love the sound of the water splashing as the front of the ship hits the waves much more.

Another thing to consider is if you have the drink package it is is walk to get a drink from the aft. When in the front of the ship it is a few steps to the Haven bar and the wait time is usually only seconds. I have stayed on deck 15 and 16 in 2 bedroom suites and found I loved the quiet of deck 15 and the short walk to the Haven courtyard. Try the aft and next time try the courtyard see which you prefer.

I guess the fact I will have to walk alot is a good thing to burn calories as I plan to.drink and eat all I want .. so you right is a good thing

...and the walk helped us to see and experience the rest of the ship! Our first Haven experience was on the Epic in 2012 and we only left the Haven for dinners and shows. When we got off I felt like we'd missed a lot of what the Epic had to offer.

We've had the Aft Penthouses on the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape and have one booked on the Bliss. Yes we used the Courtyard and Haven areas every day and the walk was never any concern. In our opinion that balcony and those views are well worth the walk to the Haven Courtyard. ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

Funny u said you felt you didn't experience the ship cause u stayed in the haven that was my concern too .. I know I would something like that so the aft might force me not to do that .. so I will consider that a plus .. I think we will have breakfast in bed every morning and do a second breakfast somewhere else if we are still hungry .. I guess once I get on ship I will see if I really regret it or not

Funny u said you felt you didn't experience the ship cause u stayed in the haven that was my concern too .. I know I would something like that so the aft might force me not to do that .. so I will consider that a plus .. I think we will have breakfast in bed every morning and do a second breakfast somewhere else if we are still hungry .. I guess once I get on ship I will see if I really regret it or not

We were in 9316 on the BA and the balcony was bigger than most rooms onboard. Breakfast on your HUGE balcony every morning is awesome. Eggs Benny and Filet while you enjoy the beautiful fresh sea air. Priceless!!!! Just don't forget to tip your butler well as it is a lot of work bringing breakfast all the way down from the Haven restaurant.

Just don't forget to tip your butler well as it is a lot of work bringing breakfast all the way down from the Haven restaurant.

Being a gopher is easy don't feel so sorry for her they all get tipped well and have a easier job than the folks on the cruise. On average they make $1000 a week non taxed on top of there pay. Just to run food back and forth to rooms . Cooking and cleaning is much harder and those folks get paid way less

I had an Aft Suite on Breakaway (twice) and Escape and loved the room (though the balcony on the Escape was noticeably smaller than Breakaway). I honestly used the restaurant once or twice on the Breakaway (never the Courtyard) and never at all on Escape (except the obvious embarkation and debarkation). I did feel like I used the ship much more than any other NCL Haven trip (the Gem) I'd ever taken.

Being a gopher is easy don't feel so sorry for her they all get tipped well and have a easier job than the folks on the cruise. On average they make $1000 a week non taxed on top of there pay. Just to run food back and forth to rooms . Cooking and cleaning is much harder and those folks get paid way less

I don't care what people get paid. If someone in the service industry does a great job and I feel they deserve a tip then I believe they deserve one. Whether its the guy wiping down my car after the car wash or the butler in my suite. To each his own.

I don't care what people get paid. If someone in the service industry does a great job and I feel they deserve a tip then I believe they deserve one. Whether its the guy wiping down my car after the car wash or the butler in my suite. To each his own.

When folks on here keep telling people what to do when it comes to tipping I think it's rude and condescending.

People are smart enuff to tip the butler why point it out or tell them how much. And it does not matter if you care how much people make and no one cares how much you make so ...... Why say it

I glad many still loved there aft room I'm so excited. we plan to tip anyone that does a good job ... I'm sure I would be putting the bulter to work ..lol ... I have a question say I'm in the haven courtyard and I need a sweater from my aft room would the bulter get it for me .... I don't know what I keep thinking about this ..lol

When folks on here keep telling people what to do when it comes to tipping I think it's rude and condescending.

People are smart enuff to tip the butler why point it out or tell them how much. And it does not matter if you care how much people make and no one cares how much you make so ...... Why say it

I do not think it is rude and condescending to ask about tipping. It was very helpful to me when I took my first cruise in the haven to get other peoples' opinions.

Gaining information from other cruisers is exactly why I read the posts in this forum. Just my personal opinion!!

We had the aft on breakaway last year and it's great. The balcony was huge. Had breakfast on balcony three days. Butler sets it up and on table with table cloth. It's real cool having breakfast outside. Didn't mind walk to Haven courtyard either. Also the aft penthouse is a much bigger and nicer room then courtyard rooms. You have separate bedroom, living room and small dinette area with table. Also two bathrooms. Your going to love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right I was think spice h20 and yea

I'm on the epic

OP - just to clarify.....

A lot of post here have given you information about aft penthouses on the -Aways and the Escape and it's all true for those ships .

But....please remember that the "huge" corner balconies and multi room cabins do not apply to the Epic. The aft penthouse cabins on the Epic are in the center of the back - not on the corners. It will have more space and a bigger balcony than other cabins - but I don't want you to think that it's like the corner ones. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've sailed in 12304, 3 times on the Breakaway. Would never consider the Haven area because of motion sickness, size of the cabins and cost.

We usually had breakfast delivered, ate lunch in the Haven and had dinner in a specialty restaurant each night. The hike to the Haven helped with our 10k steps everyday. It's very quiet in the aft area. The aft penthouses are amazing...2 baths, separate bedroom and huge balcony. The only negative is the small living room. They are usually the cheapest BUT sell out quickly. I always book at least a year in advance to get the best price and our favorite cabin.

My motion sickness occurs at the front of any ship so always book middle to aft.