Internet Charges

alb38

$.50 a minute.. but email has to be a web based email or one of the linked services (I did not write down a list.)

Packages can be prepurchased to reduce the rate, I bought 150 minutes for $50 so my rate was $.33 a minute. Service was awful, everything I wanted to do took 10 times longer than it should. (On the Voyager.)

Onboard PCs were in terrible shape, bad performance, broken, and multiple PCs with a nonfunctioning "1" key!!

I paid 120 for 11 day cruise of "unlimited" in cabin internet dial up type service generally connecting at 42K...not great but I think it was almost as fast as their wired or wireless access they charge 50 cents a minute for.....When I wrote the C/A reps they quoted 120 for the 11 days -- at pursur's office they asked for 135 -- I showed the letter from C/A and got the 120 price -- so ask prior to boarding if you are interested in their cyber cabin service....

the in cabin service of course requires you bring a laptop PC. Some have reported not being able to get it to work or that it performed badly.

I used the wireless on Voyager, which worked great when I could get it to work - I had much trouble getting logged on, and staying on for longer than 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

i highly reccomend a package if you are going to check e-mail more than 2 or three times. I thought i didn't need a package because i would just be "on and off" but it is soooooo slow. It was like life before broadband. It makes any simple exercise on the net into a very time consuming (expensive) affair. My only cruise regret.

If you can wait till you are IN port the cost will be anywhere from one dollar to five dollars an HOUR.

We use the coupons we get in our booklets to check a few times on board but, other than that, we always wait till we are IN port to check because you cant beat the prices!!!

This is true in both the Caribbean and the Mexican Riviera.

If you do purchase through RCI, send them an email with all the questions regarding fees, have them respond to it, print it and bring it with you.

More than once I have heard people say that prices onboard were more than RCI CS quoted and, unless you have proof, you will have to pay the higher price!

Archived