Outdoor running track on Divina?

GoldenDomer

Trying a cruise on Divina for the first time next year. According to deck plans there is a “power walking track” on deck 15. Is this suitable for running or should I plan to use the treadmills in the gym? Thanks in advance.

You can do both but the gym will be better.

• 8 months later...
Either or. I've seen joggers on the track. I think 8 times around =1 mile.

I run 5-10ks and am training for some races prior to the cruise and want to maintain that onboard. I'm considering some 3-5 mile runs, any advice on avoiding peak times/lots of walkers(the living kind).

Trying a cruise on Divina for the first time next year. According to deck plans there is a “power walking track” on deck 15. Is this suitable for running or should I plan to use the treadmills in the gym? Thanks in advance.

Better off at the gym.

Its incredibly awful for running unless you like an obstacle course. As soon as it is light, the deck attendants start arranging all the chairs. There is also a smokers area at the stern that gets busy early and those people can block the area too.

Its incredibly awful for running unless you like an obstacle course. As soon as it is light, the deck attendants start arranging all the chairs. There is also a smokers area at the stern that gets busy early and those people can block the area too.

If you want to run outside on deck 15 make sure you do it early in the morning before 7:30 AM...otherwise hit the gym.

Thanks guys! Deck 15 sounds like a no go. Does deck 7 wrap around at the front? I really do like the sea air, and I could get up early or stay up late to get a run in, a U shape would be fine. Really want to avoid a treadmill and I'm not the kind to exercise by swimming (if that's even possible on a cruise ship)