Menu order and formal nights on Liberty of the Seas

noden1

I'm sailing the end of February on Liberty of the seas with my husband. Our itinerary is Cozumel, to Grand Cayman, to Falmouth. The only reviews/posts I can find have the order flipped-flopped, starting in Falmouth. I wasn't sure if this will change the menu order or which nights formal nights are on. From what I've read formal nights are usually on day 2 and day 5 which would mean our second formal night is the same day we are in Falmouth. Can anyone confirm if this will be the case or if it will be moved to a different night? Also, we are hoping to go to at least one specialty restaurant and so I was hoping to find the menu order for our sailing that way we know which night to make our reservation. I've heard rumors there are new menus in the MDR??? Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Formal nights day 2 and day 6.

Any night is good for specialty dining. RCI has a "first night done right" 1/2 price specialty dining good only the first night. Worked well to avoid the chaos in the main dining room the first night.

Thanks Tonyweir,,, Do you know what the menu rotation was? My itinerary is belize roatan coz. Someone said first night was Basil, I thought first night is always mojo. We like the Mojo very much but not so much the basil.

Thanks for any in you might have,:) I can only do 1 specialty night out

Any night is good for specialty dining. RCI has a "first night done right" 1/2 price specialty dining good only the first night. Worked well to avoid the chaos in the main dining room the first night.

On our Jan 22 cruise the first night done right you could not do Giovoni's because of the murder mystery.

Is the first night done right promo something you can purchase on board, or do you have to get it ahead of time?

I don't remember it when I sailed last year, but there was a 1/2 price promo on board when I sailed in 2015.

Thanks!

Could anyone who has been on recently post the order of the menus (I have copies of all the menus)? Similar to the thread starter, we will be on LOS and want to see the order (I do know that by the time we sail, it may switch up) to plan for specialty dining.

On our November 2016 Liberty cruise the order was Mojo, Saffron, Basil, Pimento, Shi*take, Jasmine, and Pomodoro.

I saw this on the cruise planner the other day, but from the way I read it they get to choose your restaurant and time? Is this correct? I don't eat beef so we don't plan on going to Chops and I'm scared that's the reservation they would randomly give us.

I saw this on the cruise planner the other day, but from the way I read it they get to choose your restaurant and time? Is this correct? I don't eat beef so we don't plan on going to Chops and I'm scared that's the reservation they would randomly give us.

You can normally change the reservation once you are onboard.

Also, not everything at Chops is beef:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/chops.pdf

I'm sailing the end of February on Liberty of the seas with my husband. Our itinerary is Cozumel, to Grand Cayman, to Falmouth. The only reviews/posts I can find have the order flipped-flopped, starting in Falmouth. I wasn't sure if this will change the menu order or which nights formal nights are on. From what I've read formal nights are usually on day 2 and day 5 which would mean our second formal night is the same day we are in Falmouth. Can anyone confirm if this will be the case or if it will be moved to a different night? Also, we are hoping to go to at least one specialty restaurant and so I was hoping to find the menu order for our sailing that way we know which night to make our reservation. I've heard rumors there are new menus in the MDR??? Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

To the thread starter...We are sailing the same itinerary end of March and I am wondering the same thing regarding formal nights and menu order. Would you be so kind as to post the menu order/cruise compass after your return?

Have a great cruise!

We just did first night done right last week. I saw the same thing, they get to pick the restaurant, but, when we boarded the ship and went up to deck 11 where all three restaurants have Representatives, they said we could pick any one of the three and pick the time. They did say that it is only valid the first night.

I think the menu order we saw on our Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel sailing last April was: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Pomodoro, Jasmine (Formal), Basil, Shiitake. That was quite a while back, so things could be different now.

Hope this helps some.

Tim

Definitely! I plan on holding onto everything, taking lots of pics, and writing a full review

To the thread starter...We are sailing the same itinerary end of March and I am wondering the same thing regarding formal nights and menu order. Would you be so kind as to post the menu order/cruise compass after your return?

Have a great cruise!

I just got off Liberty. Formal nights were Tuesday and Friday. Friday was lobster night and I highly recommend the prime rib as well. It was fork tender. I was not too thrilled about having a formal night on a shore excursion day. There wasn't enough time to get ready on Friday after a long hot day in Mexico. We were semi-formal when we finally made it to the dining room, but at least we were showered. We also gave our waiter the curtesy of letting him know that we might be late and let him tell us how late would be too late so as not to throw his service off. We were only a table of two so not a huge problem for him, he said.