Return flight from Orlando ?

andiloveu

I was wondering if I would be able to get from the ship to the airport for a 12:30pm flight. Our cruise is in Port Canavarel. Can you walk off the ship in the morning with your luggage on a Carnival Cruise? How bad is the traffic usually coming from the port to the airport. We have a shuttle service picking us up at the port to take us to the airport. Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to find the best flights at a reasonable price and time. Thanks for your help!

Haven't done it with Carnival, but we do have multiple Disney cruises out of PC. We have started walking off the ship (s) around 8:30, used DCL tramsport, and been at MCO around 10 am. I would have no problems with your flight time

Sent from my SM-T110 using Forums mobile app

You won't have a problem. All walk-off times are before 8:30. We walked off and were through customs and on our shuttle headed to Orlando by 9:00. Our flight was at 1:35 and we were at Orlando airport sitting at our gate by 10:15. 12:30 is totally doable.

One item to consider is the time of year can make a huge difference on how long it could take to get through the security line and actually get to your gate. Last 2 cruises during the summer it was almost 2 hours after already waiting to check our luggage curbside, before we actually "arrived" at our gate.

Thank you all for the info about your experiences! Very helpful!! I think I will get that flight at 12:30pm.

Plus, if for any reason you don't make it, 12:30 is within the time frame insurance can click in. Insurance doesn't pay if someone misses a flight with an earlier time.