Teen Recommendations eastern Med?

We're thinking of an eastern med cruise this summer, travelling with our daughter who will be 15. She's great to travel with as long as there are some other teenage girls around. Any comments as to which lines are likely to have a dozen or more teenage girls on a June or July cruise? I don't care if there is a formal teen program, because she's never seemed to be particularly interested in them as long as she can meet other kids on her own.

Thanks.

Arabrab: Hi! We are goung on RCL's Brilliance of the Seas June 16 sailing of Barcelona/France/Italy/Greece, etc. next summer. We are taking our two teen girls who will be 15 and 19 at the time. We considered Celebrity but thought the average age on Royal Cruise Line might be a bit younger and there might be more families on board. Turns out there are quite a few teens on our cruise and I think whichever line you choose, there will be some teens in the summer months. Check out our cruise on June 16...my daughter would love having another 15 year old to hang out with!

KathiB

Arabrab: Actually, I guess they are calling themselves "Royal Caribbean International" now. But check it out...the Brilliance of the Seas, June 16, 2006.

KathiB

Arabrab,

We have three teen girls, actually two teens and one almost. Ages 17, 15 and 12. We are booked on the Grand princess on June 9th from Venice to Barcelona. We had also looked at RCI and Carnival. Along with Princess they seemed to have the best mix of younger people and families. We went with the Grand Princess because of the variation of ports and starting and finishing in different cities.

I am taking my now 14 year old daughter (she will turn 15 the day we fly to Rome) for a 5 day precruise stay in Rome. We are sailing on Golden Princess June 3,2006 from Rome to Venice. This is a 12 night cruise. Then staying 2 nights post cruise in Venice. I am sure she will find some other teens on board, but the longer the cruise, the older the passengers tend to be. I still booked this trip as it had everything that I wanted.

We were on the Splendour of the Seas with our son last August and there were a lot of kids of ALL ages on board. Don't worry, during the summer, you'd be surprised how many of us like to cruise with our "kids!" So educational! Our son just turned 14 and is actually enjoying his history class because he has a teacher who is awed by the places he's been. We're going again this summer but on the Crystal Symphony (not expecting many other teens, but you never know!) and he's informed us that he's actually going to go on tours without his usual objections! LOL!!!!

I'm all for picking your ship by its itinerary! These cruises are so port intensive, your kids won't have much time to be bored! Wish we were sailing with all of you and your teens! Have fun, everyone!

Archived