Anybody fly out of PIT?

cruisewiththekids

PIT is a fairly large airport. There is parking available at the airport. I believe it is $6.50 per day. We always park at an offsite lot. There are a number of them-

Globe Parking is about $30-Charley Brown's is about the same - PCA has indoor or outdoor parking, outdoor is $3.50 per day. They all have free shuttles to take you to and from the airport, which is 10-15 minutes away. They also have web sites , which may have discount coupons.

Where are you coming from? Since we live east of the city, we use Globe.

Globe's site is http://www.globeparking.com

For PCA use http://www.freeparkingreservations.com

For Charlie Brown use http://www.charliebrownairportparking.com

Globe and Charlie Brown have coupons in the yellow pages. If you do not have access to them, let me kown and I could send them to you.

tonyt

We like Globe the best.

We tried the long term parking at the airport and it was fine for the summer months but not the winter. And besides you have to lug your luggage from your car to one of the bus type shelters to catch the shuttle. There is so much luggage for a cruise and that means alot of lugging.

Try the websites that tonyt provided and go with the one that best suits you.

Cindy ;)

We're coming from Ohio. I knew there was parking on-site at the airport, but I wasn't familiar with the ones off-site. We usually fly out of Akron-Canton or Cleveland. I suppose PIT is more similar in size to Cleveland.

Is there any construction in that area that I should be aware of that might cause delays? Thanks.

Coming from Ohio you are probably better off with Charlie Brown or PCA which are before you get to the airport. Go to their sites to get directions to them. They are both just off the same exit off Rte 60 and are near each other. I think it's the Flaugherty Run exit but am not 100% sure since I never use them.

tonyt

I know that Charley Brown is on Flaugherty Run Rd so I assume that is the exit you need to take.

I have heard that PIT is similar in size to Cleveland airport. My parents have flown out of both. They live an hour north of Pittsburgh so they are virtually in the middle between each airport and my mom likes navigating Cleveland Airport better.

Have a great trip.

Cindy ;)

Guest nemo2005

We've used Charlie Brown's parking in the past. They "warm up" the car on your return which is nice in the winter! And, they give AAA rates, if you have that. Their shuttle to the airport is quick - maybe 5 minutes. When you get back from your trip, you call them from the courtesy phone and give your parking number so they can get your car out.

• 1 month later...

Archived