de-luxe shea butter

zcat

Thought I would pass this info along for other shea butter users. Have tried many other brands - many, much more expensive and much less in the jar. This so far the best cost and cream I have found. Most others have added other ingredients and scents that were OK but didn't thrill me. This cost between 9 & 10 dollars for 3.5oz. Their web is http://www.truescents.com. They list many many places to purchase this product. Happy cruising

zcat,

Thanks for the info and the link.

I'm a big fan of shea butter because I have very dry skin. I've been using the one from the Body Shop for a few years. Have you ever tried that one and still like the truescents better?

Which one do you use - the body creme w/ lavendar scent or the hand creme w/ glycerin?

Thanks,

Jane

zcat,

Thanks for the info and the link.

I'm a big fan of shea butter because I have very dry skin. I've been using the one from the Body Shop for a few years. Have you ever tried that one and still like the truescents better?

Which one do you use - the body creme w/ lavendar scent or the hand creme w/ glycerin?

Thanks,

Jane

Hi Jane. I use the jar body cream tried the others and liked this the best it is greasy be prepared. Yes to Body Shop and like de-luxe better but could be because of my skin. Like the no scent. Amazon has it on their web but it just go to the grocery store and get it & no shipping. It is in the cosmetic dept. Hope it works for you. I have spent waaaayy too much on other shay butters and they had other added , scents, or whatever.

Thanks for the tip, I am a big Shea Butter fan. :)

L'Occitane sells 100% pure, unscented shea butter in a tin that I love. It is a bit more expensive, but since it is the pure stuff, a little goes a long way, and it is very versatile--I even use it as a lip balm sometimes.

Snowflake,

You just reminded me....I use the L'Occitane one now too. I stopped using the Body Shops a couple of years ago. Just haven't bought any for this winter yet, so while I visualize the silver tube of L'Occitane, I said Body Shop. Silly me!

Thanks for the reminder! <open palm hitting forehead>

Jane

I love Shea Butter. I don't mess around with the stuff that has other things added. You can get it unrefined at http://www.agbangakarite.com/

The shelf life isn't as long as I would like (18 months) but at $6.75 for a 1 lb sample, who cares. Share with a friend. :D

I'm kind of a no frills gal. Don't bother with the Kpangan Golden Shea, the sample I got was kinda crumbly and took longer to melt. They also have other oils & recipies for shea body butters & body treatments Supply your own fancy jar & personel label.;)

They also have a link for retail Shea Butter products.

Snowflake,

You just reminded me....I use the L'Occitane one now too. I stopped using the Body Shops a couple of years ago. Just haven't bought any for this winter yet, so while I visualize the silver tube of L'Occitane, I said Body Shop. Silly me!

Thanks for the reminder! <open palm hitting forehead>

Jane

Me, too, my favorite is L'Occitane. Great stuff!

Archived