Singles Mixers on HAL: Have you been to one?

70KToM

Hi everyone,

Quick question: Has anyone ever attended any of the events for solo travelers / singles on a Holland America Cruise? If so, what was it like and what was the demographic in terms of gender and age?

Thank you!

I've been to several of these get togethers on different ships. On my last cruise on the Konigsdam, Oct. 24-Nov. 9, mostly ports in Spain, and then 7 days at sea, we had a really great group that met fairly often. The Culinary Arts Hostess put notices in the daily program for a group meeting at Tea, or for a drink in one of the lounges before dinner. Sometimes the Hostess attended and we had a free glass of the HAL champagne (not my favourite drink, but a nice gesture.) Other times there was no hostess, but on this ship several people showed up to all of the arranged events that I attended. Towards the end of the cruise, several of us just got together for a drink before dinner in one of the lounges, and then went as a group to dinner after. On other ships, sometimes only one or two people show up to the planned single/solos events. It just seems to depend on whether the Culinary Arts Hostess or Assistant Cruise Director has time to schedule any of these events and put them in the daily program, where the cruise is going, and also of course, the mix of passengers on board. On the ships that I've been on, the group is mostly 50-70's, but sometimes there are a few younger people. Hope your cruise has a good group!

Edited by luvcruisn'

Haven't been to any personally as travel with DH. But met a single lady from Canada on cruise last year who had attended. She met a couple of other ladies there (from Ecuador) and they ended up becoming fast friends and hung out together during cruise. By end of cruise she had made plans to visit her new friends in Ecuador. Go for it!

Jane