Pregnancy

Susank28

If you have a medical issue that prevents you from cruising and you are after final payment, you would only get money back from your travel insurance agency (if you bought it). However, if you are after final payment, you are probably in the window where you can still cruise.

Depending on how many weeks the pregnant woman will be on the first day of the cruise, it might or might not be a problem to cruise...

"Norwegian Cruise Line cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise including any and all land arrangements made through Norwegian Cruise Line. An expectant mother's application for passage must be accompanied by a medical certificate establishing her due date and fitness to travel. Please include your cruise details in an email to the Access Desk with a medical certificate establishing your due date prior to your cruise. " - NCL

....but it isn't a "special case" to change a booking date due to pregnancy

Thank you guys, im going to ring them on Monday. We've only paid our deposit with cruise next deposits. I will be over the 24 weeks when cruising. Im a bit gutted as they changed our cruise and we said it was fine. If only i had found out a week earlier, we could have changed the cruise no problem!!x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Thank you guys, im going to ring them on Monday. We've only paid our deposit with cruise next deposits. I will be over the 24 weeks when cruising. Im a bit gutted as they changed our cruise and we said it was fine. If only i had found out a week earlier, we could have changed the cruise no problem!!x[/url]

First - congratulations!!!

Second - as others have mentioned - given you're only at deposit stage you can cancel and rebook with no issues and reuse your cruise next certificates. Of course if you rebook it will have to be on a sailing that will end before you reach your 24th week.

Congratulations! I have found NCL to be very accommodating with pregnancy changes on a cruise due to zika concerns even at a later stage in the planning (like even past final payment). I'm sure they will help you change since you aren't past final payment. Don't forget to get the OK from your OB or midwife to travel and it is helpful to travel with documentation about your pregnancy for two reasons: 1. In case the cruise line wants it as is stated in their policy about pregnancy and 2. If you were to have a need to visit a hospital on your trip. In my recent NCL experience traveling visibly pregnant, no one from NCL asked for my documentation, but I'm glad I had it just in case.