Have mid day flight after cruise best options for getting off quick

b8tzm

Is there any way to get off quick other than self assist? I remember someone mentioning a way ? Do you see the purser or tell them how early your flight is and beg them. I know thankfully things are better now with Galveston. We need to get to IAH and are using Carnival's transportation so that should help. I know it will be okay but is there anything I can do to increase our odds of being there on time? Thank you all:)

On one of the last days before cruise end, your Capers will have a note suggesting everybody with an early flight [the Capers will specify how early] see the purser for assistance. You see him/her and show them your flight's ticket/e-ticket.

Well, on the Liberty Nov. 9th, my wife and I assembled in the Venition lounge for early debarkation due to a 1 pm flight.

At 9:30 the announcement came to exit the ship for the early people. It took another half hour of standing in line to get off the ship. The tags on the luggage denoting early flight were ment to have the luggage placed in an area specific to the early debarkation. That did not happen. Our luggage was in the area just specified for our deck. After an awful wait outside for the bus, we arrived at the airport too late to catch our flight. It cost us an extra $100 to get on a later flight. Carnival booked the flights by the way.

They sure dropped off passengers like lead balloons after the cruise was over.

learjetdoc49@adelphia.net:confused:

I just did self assist on Valor & was off the ship at 7:45. I waited about 10-15 after first announcement was made to let the rush slow down. I highly recommend it if you remember to pack light so you can carry all your luggage off.

Getting off the ship earlier might not help too much, because the bus drivers wait until the buss is nearly full before they pull out of the port. I waited over an hour last year on the Glory.

If you have an early flight, don't wait on the cruiseline transfers. Arrange your own transportation, otherwise you will have to wait for the cruiseline bus to fill.

Already bought rreturn transfer, thru my travel agent so I'd say it is to late I am stuck, aren't I?

Archived