Cheers! Question

ckmommy72

I know each adult in the cabin has to purchase the Cheers! package. We currently have 2 cabins booked. One has my daughter and I listed, and the other has DH and our son listed. Neither kid is old enough to drink. The reservations are linked.

We originally thought we would not get Cheers! as DH is not a big drinker (barely drinks). Neither of us are super big drinkers, but I like a mimosa with brunch, wine with dinner and a frosty refreshment by the pool as much as the next girl. :p

If I add Cheers! for myself, will DH be required to buy it as well since our reservations are linked? We would purchase the bottomless bubbles program for him and the kids. If he has to buy Cheers!, I won't likely get it, as it would not be something he'd get his money's worth out of.

As long as the other adult isn't physically in your cabin, they will not be required to buy Cheers.

I should have said in my original post, DH will actually sleep with me, and the kids in their cabin next door, but when I booked the reservation, I booked 1 adult in each cabin. I assumed I could not book a cabin with just a 12 and 15 year old. So on paper, he's next door, but in reality, he's with me.

I should have said in my original post, DH will actually sleep with me, and the kids in their cabin next door, but when I booked the reservation, I booked 1 adult in each cabin. I assumed I could not book a cabin with just a 12 and 15 year old. So on paper, he's next door, but in reality, he's with me.

As long as you don't physically switch him at GS to your cabin, you're fine. Just have him go get a duplicate key to so he can get in and out.

As long as you don't physically switch him at GS to your cabin, you're fine. Just have him go get a duplicate key to so he can get in and out.

Just to clarify. If they were to go to GS and switch the rooms so everyone had the right key would he have to buy Cheers then?

The suggestion was not to switch room, but to request for a duplicate key.

Back in August on the Conquest that is exactly what we did. My DW doesn't drink very much, but since we had the kids onboard, the bookings were done with me and my son in one room and my DW and daughter in the other. I got cheers but my DW did not and all we did was get a duplicate key for both rooms. The booking remained the same, we just had the kids sleep in one room and us in the other.

• 1 month later...

How does this work with your onboard account? I think I've got it right, just looking for confirmation.

I want Cheers, hubby doesn't. Put me with the underage traveler, & give hubby charging privileges on my account? Then he & I go to GS onboard to get a duplicate key for each room so we can switch privately w/ out them making him get Cheers? That means I have to carry 2 cards, one for the room I'm booked in for expenses, and then the one for the room I need to get into? This because if I officially switch onboard to his room, he would then have to get Cheers, right?

How does this work with your onboard account? I think I've got it right, just looking for confirmation.

I want Cheers, hubby doesn't. Put me with the underage traveler, & give hubby charging privileges on my account? Then he & I go to GS onboard to get a duplicate key for each room so we can switch privately w/ out them making him get Cheers? That means I have to carry 2 cards, one for the room I'm booked in for expenses, and then the one for the room I need to get into? This because if I officially switch onboard to his room, he would then have to get Cheers, right?

Yep. Sounds right.

This is correct. We did this in December and the only disadvantage is carrying around two rooms. Not a big deal. The duplicate key is just a blank card.

Just have your husband join you in your room for sleeping. That way, he'll carry the 2 keys since you are sleeping in the room you are booked in, so your S&S card will work for the door :cool:

If your kids are young and do not need keys, there is no reason to get a duplicate key. Just use your kids as they won't need it since they will not be alone trying to get back in the room. My son is 9 and I just carried his key with me to get in to the other room. No need to go to GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not young kids, 4 of us going, me & hubby, 20 yo son & his 19 yo GF. Trying to work it so just I can get the Cheers package. And no, I won't be sharing.

So, with my idea, both me & my son will have to carry 2 cards, one for expenses, one for the key of the room we will actually be in. What if we officially switch my son at GS into the room w/ me & the GF? Then he only has 1 key. They can't get my hubby w/ a solo rate after boarding, right?