Barcelona Hotel Recommendation Post Cruise

depwife

We sail back into Barcelona on Sunday June 4th and we fly out the next morning at 10am. We would like to explore Barcelona on the Sunday we arrive. I think we are just going to do one of the Hop On/Hop Off busses.

Our dilemma is that we need a hotel for that one night. We would like to be close to the port. There are 4 of us (me, hubby and our 2 teenage children) and we would like to try to get just one room to keep costs down.

Can anyone recommend a hotel for us?

Also, since we need to get to the airport quite early the next morning, what is the best/most economical/safest way to do this?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Look at the Eurostars Grand Marina. It's on one of the piers. The Hoho bus stops right in front of it. The lower end of Las Ramblas is a 5 minute walk. I stayed there once when I was in the same situation and it was fine. Modern and pricey but fine with a nice rooftop view.

We have been to Barcelona a few times. Look into Airbnb for an apartment rental. You'll have more room and privacy for less cost. Hotels are pricey.

We found that a taxi works best for early morning flights. It will cost approximately 30 euros. The price from city to airport is posted in the taxi window.

We have been to Barcelona a few times. Look into Airbnb for an apartment rental. You'll have more room and privacy for less cost. Hotels are pricey.

We found that a taxi works best for early morning flights. It will cost approximately 30 euros. The price from city to airport is posted in the taxi window.

We did end up booking an Airbnb apartment and got a GREAT deal!!!! $200 after fees for a 2 bedroom in a great location!

Thanks for the tip on the taxi!!! I think that's what we are going to do.

Barcelona is very easy to get around. You can purchase a T10 ticket for 10 euros. It is shareable for 10 rides on metro or bus. Take some time to just walk in the Gothic area. It is a great experience as long as you are aware of your belongings. Be safe and enjoy! We will be back in May also. Can't wait!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Doing TA in November. Group is staying at Catalonia Sagrada Familia Hotel and can share ride to port with group.

I am travelling solo and will be there 2 nites. Undecided as to what to do with my one full day. HOHO bus, semi-private tour, or just walk around and tour Sagrada Familia in afternoon.

Any help with what is near this hotel as to transportation, cafes, shopping, etc.

Thanks

Zelly2

• 3 weeks later...
Doing TA in November. Group is staying at Catalonia Sagrada Familia Hotel and can share ride to port with group.

I am travelling solo and will be there 2 nites. Undecided as to what to do with my one full day. HOHO bus, semi-private tour, or just walk around and tour Sagrada Familia in afternoon.

Any help with what is near this hotel as to transportation, cafes, shopping, etc.

Thanks

Zelly2

I went to the hotel website and can see that there are subway and bus stops nearby. You mention visiting La Sagrada Familia in the afternoon. I would consider going first thing in the morning since your hotel is nearby. It closes at 6 pm in November so if you did an afternoon tour you will have travelled away from the hotel to do something in the morning, have to back track to visit the basilica and then when you have finished your tour you are out of central Barcelona for the last couple of hours of the day which is a waste of the best part of the day for early tapas, sitting in the autumn sunshine etc. You are also ideally situated for a tour of the basilica on the day of the cruise. This is what we did last time (and our hotel was 30 minutes walk away). We booked the 9 am tickets and were back to the hotel by 11.45 am, ready to pick up the suitcases and a taxi to the ship.

Barcelona is a really accessible city so walking around, using public transport, using the HOHO bus are all possibilities but it just depends on what you want to see. Maybe look at a few reviews from other people or a guide on BCN to decide what else you want to do.

I have visited Montjuic, been to ParkGuell and the Gaudi houses, I like football but not stadium visits so that is out. I went to the Sagrada Familia on my last visit. I would go again but DH would have a tantrum. This time I will visit Barcelona cathedral/Las Ramblas/Gothic area the day before the cruise and have a walk to Barceloneta in the morning prior to boarding.

I wouldnt know about shopping in BCN. I dont shop on vacation.

I have done some of my exploring 'solo' by splitting up with the rest of my party. You have to take the same care with your valuables as in any big city but it seems safe and easy to navigate.

Have fun.

Be sure you get your ticket for Sagrada Familia IN ADVANCE ON LINE or you may not be going there at all. When you go to the official site--not one done by a tour company--do not ask to have the ticket mailed. Just keep going on the site and you will have an opportunity to print the ticket. If you want an elevator ticket to go up one of the towers (it only goes up--you walk down), that's a separate ticket and they are very strict about the time; you can't go earlier or later than the time on your ticket. Lines can be very long for even the general admission, and it, too, will be time stamped, so you would do well to have your ticket in advance.