transferring a cruise next deposit

karenpstok

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to transfer a cruise next deposit to someone else? My brother is cruising feb 2-7 and is buying me a few deposits. I am going to sail back to back starting feb 25 and would like to use the deposits. Wondering if i would have the deposits fairly quickly once he transfers them. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

I've had them transfer within a business day, and could then assign them to a reservation immediately. If you're already paid in full, they'll just credit back the card you used for your cruise payment.

Edited by TheDougOut

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to transfer a cruise next deposit to someone else? My brother is cruising feb 2-7 and is buying me a few deposits. I am going to sail back to back starting feb 25 and would like to use the deposits. Wondering if i would have the deposits fairly quickly once he transfers them. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

up to 24hs usually

I thought it has been posted that they can not be used on a existing reservation, but only new ones?

Thanks

From my personal experience - I purchased one from someone in my Roll Call a few weeks prior to sailing. My cruise was paid in full. Once the CruiseNext cert was associated with my latitude's account, I had my TA call NCL to apply it to my booking. I was told a credit would appear back on the card that I used for final payment, which is what happened a few business days later.

• 4 weeks later...

We transferred one to a friend as a wedding gift. They chose their cruise and had it put on hold while we called and had the cruise next deposit applied as their deposit. It was done in a phone call, though because the had never cruised before, they had to have something on hold before we could do the transfer. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk