Do I have enough time to do Altun Ha and Cave tubing

MoLA

Carnival Pride will be at the port from 8 am - 5 pm. This excursion is not offered through the ship, only through a tour company. The tour says it takes 6 hours, including transportation to and from the port. We do have to tender from the ship.

Carnival Pride will be at the port from 8 am - 5 pm. This excursion is not offered through the ship, only through a tour company. The tour says it takes 6 hours, including transportation to and from the port. We do have to tender from the ship.

I personally would not risk it but I am not a gambler

I'd say it'd be tight, especially with a private vendor. Altun Ha is along the Northern Highway. Cavetubing is off the Western Highway. The small 'by-pass road linking the two is half between the airport and Altun Ha, if it is usuable, which means you'll have to head almost back to Belize City then out again. Unless you have priority debarkation, the earliest you'll reach the dock could be 8:45/9A. 45-50 minutes to Altun Ha; an hour there; 90 minutes to cave tubing; 2-3 hours to cave tube; an hour back to the tender pier. Last tenders usually leave 30-45 minutes before departure time, depending upon how far out the ship is anchored.

We booked this through cave tubing bz and they promised we would have time. I read a bunch of reviews on trip advisor and only one person even said they were cutting it close but they still made it in time! I used to only book excursions with the ship but last trip we loved our excursions outside of the ship so much more that we will hardly ever book another one through the ship unless it's the exact same one since they price match. My thoughts are, they do this for a living and wouldn't offer it if there wasn't time. Plus it's typically very small groups so it's faster than the ship excursions with 100+ people.

We booked this through cave tubing bz and they promised we would have time. I read a bunch of reviews on trip advisor and only one person even said they were cutting it close but they still made it in time! I used to only book excursions with the ship but last trip we loved our excursions outside of the ship so much more that we will hardly ever book another one through the ship unless it's the exact same one since they price match. My thoughts are, they do this for a living and wouldn't offer it if there wasn't time. Plus it's typically very small groups so it's faster than the ship excursions with 100+ people.

We have booked the same excursion for our March 4 cruise on Magic......having second thoughts as well. We are platinum so are supposed to have priority tendering, but I'm not clear if priority means before or after the ships excursions...

We were looking at that one also. We opted against it for Belize. If you choose to do a non-ship excursion, please remember to take your passports and credit card with you. If the horrible event happens and you are stuck getting to your next port/home, at least you can leave the country.

You could also check with the vendor to see what they offer in the event that they don't get you back to the boat in time.

Have a great day!