Solo traveler

beautifullady

solo cruising is awesome!! I have done 8 cruises with 6 being solo and am about to do a back to back on the escape on feb 25! The two i did with friends were ok but to be honest, i prefer the solo ones. I work overnites as a nurse so i am a nite owl which does not always work for others i travel with. I can do what i want when i want and have no one to check in with to see what they want to do. I am not a nervous person when it comes to travel. When in port i often go to a beach and do the occasional excursion but just am cautious of my surroundings since i am alone. Never had one issue. Its actually my favorite way to travel and I am ok with being with just ME!! Hope you have an awesome time. I have found it easy to meet people even without the solo gatherings so I am sure you will have no problem!

Where exactly is the Solo Lounge on Breakaway located?

The Studio Lounge is located in with the Studio Cabins, which have their own section on Decks 10 and 11. During my cruise, it was only accessible to people staying in studio cabins, except during the nightly meetup for solo travelers. For those, it was open to everyone. I've read mixed things about getting access to the studio lounge (outside of the meetup) when not staying in a studio cabin. Some have been able to, some have not.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to another CC poster, I found out that NCL Daily will list the evening activities and there is usually a solo traveler meet-up listed at 6pm or 7pm each night in one of the bars. I have never cruised solo before but will be doing the first one in just 28 days on the Jade - which doesn't offer the Studio class of cabin. I was worried about making acquaintances but not anymore. I am so ready to get away ! Here's the link to Google drive with an exceptionally detailed Jade Western Caribbean review with the 7 days of Dailies and lots of other stuff

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx2uAjHxV3p4MnFrSW41UGpYczA

Edited by SoPas217
hit enter before I finished my post