Conquest vs Miracle???

crabbdock

I want to book a cruise today with the $50 deposit and dont have the time to do all the research I normally do. I have narrowed it down to two. The Conquest 8 day to Grand Turk, San Juan, St Maartens, and St Kitts out of Fort Lauderdale, and a 7 day Miracle cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman, out of Tampa. I would have just picked the 8 day because of better ports and an extra day, but then I found the Miracle and I really want to go on the ship. I think it is a beautiful ship, I have never been on a spirit class and really want to try one, and I have never sailed from Tampa before.

So which one would you choose? Is the Miracle and Tampa worth one less day on a ship? I have researched both ships and will be happy on either, I dont have to have Serenity or Guys. I will also be happy with all the ports, but I dont get a chance to go to the ports Conquest offers very often. Thanks in advance for any insight...

I would go with Conquest for the ports, but that's just me. Wife & I love Grand Turk, for the beach and pool area. San Juan is a good port just to walk around, shop and check out the Forts and old Town. St Maarten, I went over to the airport beach and watched the planes come in a take off (crazy people hang on the fence, including myself). St Kitts, I have been to only a couple of times, but had a great time and looking forward to going back. Island of the monkeys, if I remember right. They are everywhere.

And sailing out of Fort Lauderdale is easy.

It's been a while since I was on Miracle, but a little bit smaller than Conquest.

Miracle does have a Serenity, which is nice. Doesn't have Guys or a lot of other venues or choices, which is not so nice. And the ports are ok, but I have maybe been on these too many times and are getting boring to me.

Roatan, I did like the zipline we went on and Belize, we usually go snorkeling on the reef and Starfish Island break. Cozumel, the usual drinking spot. Caymen, never really hit my fancy.

Never sailed out of Tampa before, so no insight there.

Still up to you. It's your vacation, and I am sure which ever you decide, it will be great just to get away and enjoy.

Edited by HawkIVette

Did the Mexican Rivera on the Miracle in September. The cruise itself was great, but then I love Mexico. The ship experience was the worst! The ship is starting to show her age and it's lacking many of the extras that I love like Guys, the Tacos at the Blue Iguana, Indian food, Sushi and the Mongolian Wok. The lido deck food was horrible, it reminded me of frozen entrees. The best food was the pizza and unfortunately that became our go to because everything else was bad.

Went on Miracle twice. First cruise was very good. Interesting to explore a different class of vessel. Second time was one of my worst cruises ever. For example, they cut way back on entertainment.

Conquest is a much better ship. Had a great cruise on it.

Have not done Miracle but have done Conquest a few times. Took Paradise (same layout as Miracle) out of Tampa once. One of the cool things with going out of Tampa is going under the Skyway Bridge. I stayed up all night last night of the cruise just to be on deck as we came back in under the bridge. If you choose Miracle either stay up or set a wake up for around 3:30 am its worth watching. Either way, enjoy your cruise. :D

Have not done Miracle but have done Conquest a few times. Took Paradise (same layout as Miracle) out of Tampa once. One of the cool things with going out of Tampa is going under the Skyway Bridge. I stayed up all night last night of the cruise just to be on deck as we came back in under the bridge. If you choose Miracle either stay up or set a wake up for around 3:30 am its worth watching. Either way, enjoy your cruise. :D

Incorrect. The Paradise is NOT a Spirit class ship. Completely different Fantasy class.

If you can wait until the end of April next year I'd give you a real comparison. We are counting the many many days until we cruise on the Miracle and looking forward to what I expect will be a fun time.

I can tell you we loved our Conquest cruise plus that Itinerary is very high on my wish list so I'd be pretty likely to choose that one if everything else was equal. But you also specifically said you want to do a Spirit class so that might nudge things in Miracle's favor.

Either way, you'll be on a cruise!